berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think the game is really well made. The only gripe I have is that for example the R-Type tune, I played on Easy, and I really didn't understand what I was actually "playing"!!! I'm hitting all the coloured bars but I have not a clue what I'm playing, I'm tapping the screen and I'm hitting the right notes but without even hearing a sound.

For the rest I don't want to complain about this as it's totally clear that some people have really put a lot of effort into this.

[edit] hey see that? My post count is on 2008! I think won't post until new year's day hehehe

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
berlinka said:
I think the game is really well made. The only gripe I have is that for example the R-Type tune, I played on Easy, and I really didn't understand what I was actually "playing"!!! I'm hitting all the coloured bars but I have not a clue what I'm playing, I'm tapping the screen and I'm hitting the right notes but without even hearing a sound.

For the rest I don't want to complain about this as it's totally clear that some people have really put a lot of effort into this.

[edit] hey see that? My post count is on 2008! I think won't post until new year's day hehehe

Do the "calibrate" thingy it talks about in the instructions. In other words, RTFM! LOL!

blu9987

Trophies
Website
www.clan-geno.net
XP
Country
United States
this is the only homebrew game i've played for more than 30 seconds... I got to set #4 before turning it off. Pretty fun

Really well put together too

A+ for this game

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
looks great.
cant wait to try it.
smile.gif

mrbass

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skagamer said:
I'll be very surprised if this doesn't win. Sure it's a GH clone, but the quality of this homebrew goes beyond what we're used to seeing. I wish the sound quality was better though. Maybe in VGH2???
yaynds.gif

Sound quality is midi it's not gonna be mp3 sound quality. I think this is great for what it is. Not really usable with my guitar hero grip though. It would be if they could change screen orientation though. I do applaud the great effort put into this polished title.

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This really is an amazing peice of kit.

At first, I got things wrong and blamed it on the game.

Then I used the buttons, and I'm rockin' out.

Love the monkey island songs!

Thomasd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Looks great, but I can't seem to get it to work on my M3 CF. (Yeah, I know that thing is archaic by now). I tried DLDI patching it, but it's still not booting up. Does anyone have a clue on how to make it working?

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Trulen said:
This really is an amazing peice of kit.

At first, I got things wrong and blamed it on the game.

Then I used the buttons, and I'm rockin' out.

Love the monkey island songs!
There are monkey island songs?
blink.gif

*Runs to get his DS, and starts playing again, just to unlock the monkeyisland songs!

Oh, and btw, this should be disqualified for the homebrew bounty
tongue.gif

It's to good!
tongue.gif
nobody could ever win from this
tongue.gif

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
awesome.
this game is easily one of the top 5 homebrews on ds
A++
i'd even pay for this one!

my only complaint is it doesn't turn off the screen&sound when the lid is closed (in the menus)

adamrgolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love this game -- If the developer(s) is/are reading this page, I have some constructive criticism:

1. Sleep properly when closing the DS.
2. When changing selections on any of the menus, you have to wait for the transition before scrolling to the next option. So its like down, wait, down wait, down wait to scroll through a list.
3. In every menu, B should take you back one menu.
4. When you miss a note, it should only cut out that note. I notice when I miss a note and another is right behind it that it cuts out the second note, not the one i missed. (I realize this is probably a midi issue, but I still thought I'd mention it)
5. Fix the floatiness of the notes on the scrolling track, they are just slightly off.
6. When a song is over, don't have it end so abruptly, perhaps make them fade out to results.
7. When you choose to submit scores via wifi, if no wifi is found then show an error and take the game back to the menu. As it is now (i think) it just locks up while searching if no wifi is found.

And also some requests:

1. Let us create custom tracks.
smile.gif

2. Is it possible for multi-button combos? I know it wouldn't work well with the d-pad, but perhaps you could set up combos that will only always be 2 buttons, one on the d-pad and one on the a/b/x/y side. This would help increase difficulty.
3. If you need recommendations for songs for a new song pack -- I would recommend going with television theme songs... simpsons/family guy/scooby doo/futurama etc etc. That would be cool and also could be in midi format
smile.gif

Note to users who think I'm complaining: I am not being picky, I love this game for what it is and appreciate the massive amounts of work that must have gone into this game so far. But I am also a developer, granted not games - just software apps, and I would appreciate constructive criticism and new ideas. Feedback is always good!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol