Video Games Hero

matrix121391

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's official. One of my all time favorite homebrews and will, without a doubt, stay on my SD forever (can't believe it takes so little space for such a great game!)! There's only been three homebrews I've thoroughly enjoyed and plan to keep on my flashcart forever: PocketPhysics, Colors!, and this. It really feels like I should be paying for this game!!! I really hope you win the NeoFlash competition. You freaken deserve it!!!

Edit: Oh, and as adamrgolf mentioned above, you should make TVH = Television Hero!

El-ahrairah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to play it, but for some reason my CycloDS doesn't recognize the .nds file at all. Oh well, I'll keep trying different things.

*edit* Nevermind, lol. It's too late at night to do the brain.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not going to say that it's commercial quality, because it's not. What I WILL say is that it is among some of the best homebrew out there. This will probably be on my cart for a couple days while I go through it. Last homebrew that made me do that was GeoWars DS.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find this game rather difficult to play. Its still one of the best home brews but I can never hit a note. Its like you gotta hit it dead on in that little line. It just doesn't work out for me, If they made the notes more like guitar hero then theyd be bigger and more rounded off so you have a little more time to actually hit the note.

xkenshinx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it today on my DSTT. It worked fine playing the songs but when I try to choose the option Quit after every song, the game goes back to the intro before you get to the menu and then it glitches and hangs there.

Why must DSTT users suffer? =[

euphemism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is anyone else annoyed that you can only submit a highscore right as you make it? You can't submit the score you have already made for the song, just the score you make right after you finish a song.

Praetor192

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
adamrgolf said:
I love this game -- If the developer(s) is/are reading this page, I have some constructive criticism:
The official thread is in NDS homebrew-homebrew bounty august 2008, that is where the dev has made comments.

1. Sleep properly when closing the DS.
sumiguchi stated why it doesn't do this, I brought it up before. Read the thread before posting.

2. When changing selections on any of the menus, you have to wait for the transition before scrolling to the next option. So its like down, wait, down wait, down wait to scroll through a list.
I don't understand what you are saying. If I understand you correctly, you should probably know the proper way to play this game is with the stylus.

3. In every menu, B should take you back one menu.
I brought it up before. Read the thread before posting.

4. When you miss a note, it should only cut out that note. I notice when I miss a note and another is right behind it that it cuts out the second note, not the one i missed. (I realize this is probably a midi issue, but I still thought I'd mention it)
This was by design, not error.

5. Fix the floatiness of the notes on the scrolling track, they are just slightly off.

6. When a song is over, don't have it end so abruptly, perhaps make them fade out to results.

7. When you choose to submit scores via wifi, if no wifi is found then show an error and take the game back to the menu. As it is now (i think) it just locks up while searching if no wifi is found.

And also some requests:

1. Let us create custom tracks.
smile.gif

2. Is it possible for multi-button combos? I know it wouldn't work well with the d-pad, but perhaps you could set up combos that will only always be 2 buttons, one on the d-pad and one on the a/b/x/y side. This would help increase difficulty.
This would be retarded because it can be played with the stylus and that would fuck it up and make it impossible (I don't mean just very hard, I literally mean impossible).

3. If you need recommendations for songs for a new song pack -- I would recommend going with television theme songs... simpsons/family guy/scooby doo/futurama etc etc. That would be cool and also could be in midi format
smile.gif
he doesn't need reccomendations, he needs the specific songs sent to him - see thread

Note to users who think I'm complaining: I am not being picky, I love this game for what it is and appreciate the massive amounts of work that must have gone into this game so far. But I am also a developer, granted not games - just software apps, and I would appreciate constructive criticism and new ideas. Feedback is always good!

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Praetor192 said:
adamrgolf said:
I love this game -- If the developer(s) is/are reading this page, I have some constructive criticism:
The official thread is in NDS homebrew-homebrew bounty august 2008, that is where the dev has made comments.

1. Sleep properly when closing the DS.
sumiguchi stated why it doesn't do this, I brought it up before. Read the thread before posting.

2. When changing selections on any of the menus, you have to wait for the transition before scrolling to the next option. So its like down, wait, down wait, down wait to scroll through a list.
I don't understand what you are saying. If I understand you correctly, you should probably know the proper way to play this game is with the stylus.

3. In every menu, B should take you back one menu.

4. When you miss a note, it should only cut out that note. I notice when I miss a note and another is right behind it that it cuts out the second note, not the one i missed. (I realize this is probably a midi issue, but I still thought I'd mention it)
This was by design, not error.

5. Fix the floatiness of the notes on the scrolling track, they are just slightly off.

6. When a song is over, don't have it end so abruptly, perhaps make them fade out to results.

7. When you choose to submit scores via wifi, if no wifi is found then show an error and take the game back to the menu. As it is now (i think) it just locks up while searching if no wifi is found.

And also some requests:

1. Let us create custom tracks.
smile.gif

2. Is it possible for multi-button combos? I know it wouldn't work well with the d-pad, but perhaps you could set up combos that will only always be 2 buttons, one on the d-pad and one on the a/b/x/y side. This would help increase difficulty.
This would be retarded because it can be played with the stylus and that would fuck it up and make it impossible (I don't mean just very hard, I literally mean impossible).

3. If you need recommendations for songs for a new song pack -- I would recommend going with television theme songs... simpsons/family guy/scooby doo/futurama etc etc. That would be cool and also could be in midi format
smile.gif
he doesn't need reccomendations, he needs the specific songs sent to him - see thread

Note to users who think I'm complaining: I am not being picky, I love this game for what it is and appreciate the massive amounts of work that must have gone into this game so far. But I am also a developer, granted not games - just software apps, and I would appreciate constructive criticism and new ideas. Feedback is always good!

Can you link to the thread, I can't find it for the life of me.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CheatingSoi said:
I find this game rather difficult to play. Its still one of the best home brews but I can never hit a note. Its like you gotta hit it dead on in that little line. It just doesn't work out for me, If they made the notes more like guitar hero then theyd be bigger and more rounded off so you have a little more time to actually hit the note.
you should calibrate it before playing a song. i put it on 1 and it works fine. its definitely better than 0 and 2 IMO.

Loginer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The game looks awesome, but the song in the first post is very badly charted. Also, does it support something like .mp3?

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
As much as I loved the game, it was far too easy, even on expert mode. Still, it's the best homebrew game I've ever played so far, so I really think with a few changes, this game can be better than some of the better DS games!

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
euphemism said:
is anyone else annoyed that you can only submit a highscore right as you make it? You can't submit the score you have already made for the song, just the score you make right after you finish a song.
Think about it for a moment. If you could submit at any point, what's to stop you from editing your score?

At the same time, this is the standard for score submission.

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does one unlock the last two songs?

I've finally beten them all on expert (I can say, both kung fu, and Bach's were the hardest).

But I want those last two soooongs :

Guitardedhero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game is awesome.

I'm breezin' though it in hard, and in the 5th set, it keeps freezing on one of the Mario songs, the second one down, so if someone could upload a .SAV file at least in the 6th set in hard or expert, but I'd like one with every song unlocked just in case that happens again.

I really just want to get to the songs I wanna play, and play them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*