sumiguchi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FireEmblemGuy said:
Why wouldn't the same patch work for the FireCard? It's just a rebrand of the N-Card/MK5.
Anyways, it's nice to see that people don't completely ignore us N-Card users, thanks for the support and good work.

It might but I haven't gotten confirmation that it is fixed. Does someone have a FireCard that can run the test for me??

Custom Songs
No support for adding your own songs yet, but if you have songs in mod/s3m/xm/it format, send them to [email protected] (or a link to it/them) and I'll try to include them in the next release (which should be this weekend!)

Thank you!

Azn_Tomato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm talking about Kung Fu on expert. Its insane.

Features i'd think are possible and would like to see:

-Practice mode, play songs in slow-mo
-Get the notes onto the frets, they float on them as of now
-Ability to view online high scores
-Be able to record top 3 scores

Songs:
-Anything from Golden Sun!!!

Lumpy09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
setlist for people who want to know

set 1:
donkey kong
final fantasy
metroid
r-type
ocarina of time

set 2:
1943: midway
castlevania
monkey island
lechuck(monkey island song)
ghost ship(monkey island song)

set 3:
darkwing duck
wonder boy III
ghosts n goblins
kirby
excite bike

set 4:
contra
bubble bobble
leisure suit larry
giana sisters
lemmings

set 5:
super mario land
super mario land 2
super mario
super mario 2
super mario 3

set 6:
california games
mega man 5
double dragon
kung fu

set 7:
inspector gadget
flinstones
monty python
dallas
lucys song

set 8:
star trek next gen
beverly hills cop
star wars
hear for my boy
eye of the tiger

set 9:
yesterday
sweet dreams
be happy
buddy holly
kung fu

set 10:
itsy bitsy
take on me
smoke on the water
basket case
ina goda da vida

set 11:
hate about you
drives me crazy
white wedding
bad
tears in heaven

set 12:
tocatta
mozart sonata
bach - remix
sonatina
concerto in a minor

set 13: bonus songs
wipeout
locked (HINT: i know theres something special about this day)
locked (HINT: word scramble is happy holidays)

i havent unlocked those last ones yet but there is the almost complete list
just as an add on you should do the seinfeld theme song

Rehehelly

Trophies
XP
Country
It's when homebrew is better than a game which lots of £££ is put into that.. I wonder, what they do.

This game is bloody amazing, spelling errors could be fixed though
tongue.gif

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dylan said:
could do with a song creator or something. would like to make some metal songs
I think all of the song data is in the vgh file. So if someone finds a way to edit it, you could possibly have custom songs. I think you can easily change the music for now. But the other part... I don't know
unsure.gif

sumiguchi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alex said:
Dylan said:
could do with a song creator or something. would like to make some metal songsI think all of the song data is in the vgh file. So if someone finds a way to edit it, you could possibly have custom songs. I think you can easily change the music for now. But the other part... I don't know
unsure.gif

I have an importer, its just not ready for prime time.... won't be for some time either since I'll be going on vacation soon. (I need a break!)

FYI - On the neo flash forum, a Games & Music user confirmed that this game works.

IT WORKS!

ATTENTION DATEL GAMES 'N MUSIC USERS:

please manually patch it with chishm's gmtf.dldi (NOT gmtf2.dldi)

Thanks to pifreak for this info!

Dylan - I have a couple metal songs coming in the next release - tentatively schedule to be released within the next day... I hope you like it
smile.gif
If you have any mod/s3m/xm/it songs you would like to include - just email me at [email protected]

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sumiguchi said:
QUOTE said:
IT WORKS!

ATTENTION DATEL GAMES 'N MUSIC USERS:

please manually patch it with chishm's gmtf.dldi (NOT gmtf2.dldi)

Thanks to pifreak for this info!

Dylan - I have a couple metal songs coming in the next release - tentatively schedule to be released within the next day... I hope you like it
smile.gif
If you have any mod/s3m/xm/it songs you would like to include - just email me at [email protected]
OMFG! WooHoo! *scratches head* now where to find that...
frown.gif

Have a nice vacation.
tongue.gif
Now time to go play it.
biggrin.gif

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
after testing, i've thought about writing some of my opinions and other stuff I have found.

-A timer for each song
-The notes should line up with the line
-When you get the notes correct, a little more of an explosion of bright circles or some other shape of random color should be shown
-Some songs kind of stop in the middle (or is that me) - for such songs, if there is a volume fade in the end, it should sound a little better
-the L/R bonus bar thing should be half-transparant
-more effects like "good" "bad" "miss" "boo" - showing up on the screen
-should be a little more flexible in hitting a note, but instead give more points for being more accurate
-skipping through the menu - there should be an option to quickly go through menus without the fade (takes a bit of time)
-some of the pictures of the guy is cut off in the fingers (a little bit)
-thought it would be better if you can go through the song sets with the L/R button
-Hold notes
-somthing when you have enough "no miss"s and go through perfectly for a while, there should be something where you have to just repeatedly tap/press buttons to score bonus points for each tap/button press can be an extra bonus
-parts that require you to "change" modes from using the touch screen and the buttons should be a good twist in expert mode, and when the buttons are used, there should be notes where you have to press multiple at once, and on using the touch screen, there should be some extras such as sliding through the screen, spinning a spinner, or having to draw something quickly
-volume fix
-a better hearable sound effect when you get a note wrong (a bad sound o.O)
-you know- many music songs have crazy screens where something is happening hiding the notes behind texts, stuff flying around if you get perfects, a big MISS or a BOO when you do something bad - to plain if you can see the notes and only notes, there should be stuff flying around, appearing, shaking screens, etc for a further challenging gameplay

once again, these are some of my opinions, and they might/may destroy the gameplay you are thinking about, but being a DJmax/O2Jam/DDR fan, i was just stating some flaws or lacking parts of the game.

good luck with the compo and the bounty
biggrin.gif

Azn_Tomato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psycoblaster said:
after testing, i've thought about writing some of my opinions and other stuff I have found.

-A timer for each song
-When you get the notes correct, a little more of an explosion of bright circles or some other shape of random color should be shown
-Some songs kind of stop in the middle (or is that me) - for such songs, if there is a volume fade in the end, it should sound a little better
-should be a little more flexible in hitting a note, but instead give more points for being more accurate
-skipping through the menu - there should be an option to quickly go through menus without the fade (takes a bit of time)
-thought it would be better if you can go through the song sets with the L/R button
-Hold notes
-somthing when you have enough "no miss"s and go through perfectly for a while, there should be something where you have to just repeatedly tap/press buttons to score bonus points for each tap/button press can be an extra bonus
-parts that require you to "change" modes from using the touch screen and the buttons should be a good twist in expert mode, and when the buttons are used, there should be notes where you have to press multiple at once, and on using the touch screen, there should be some extras such as sliding through the screen, spinning a spinner, or having to draw something quickly
-volume fix
-you know- many music songs have crazy screens where something is happening hiding the notes behind texts, stuff flying around if you get perfects, a big MISS or a BOO when you do something bad - to plain if you can see the notes and only notes, there should be stuff flying around, appearing, shaking screens, etc for a further challenging gameplay

once again, these are some of my opinions, and they might/may destroy the gameplay you are thinking about, but being a DJmax/O2Jam/DDR fan, i was just stating some flaws or lacking parts of the game.

biggrin.gif
I say the note scoring is fine, and that adding in "good" and the like would make it really annoying.
Everything else though i could see.

How about making that L/R toggle thingy work better? If you press L and R too fast it doesn't give points.

Praetor192

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
psycoblaster said:

-A timer for each song
I said this already.

I said this already.

I disagree.

??

I said this already.

I disagree.

Again, I disagree. I think its fine now.

-Hold notes
I said this already.

??

??, disagree. This is not "musicminigamecompilationretardedness"

-volume fix
I said this already.

I said this already.

this would be fucking annoying.

biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4