Homebrew Very odd issue with decyrpt9

bbcali89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downgraded fine and have downgraded numerous consoles. never had this issue. decrypt9 will not work. it just keeps rebooting to homebrew launcher. and flickers a bit before doing so. any help?

SirAileron

Seeker of Truths
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, make sure Decrypt9 is the current version, but it's notorious for not working if parts of the 9.2 downgrade didn't succeed. The system will say it's 9.2, but you're in some kind of frankenfirmware. Have you tried re-running the downgrader to ensure a full 9.2 downgrade?

bbcali89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, make sure Decrypt9 is the current version, but it's notorious for not working if parts of the 9.2 downgrade didn't succeed. The system will say it's 9.2, but you're in some kind of frankenfirmware. Have you tried re-running the downgrader to ensure a full 9.2 downgrade?
yup was the issue lol
thanks guys

FLjavi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey everyone, new here... I have an issue. I am attempting to run FBI .cia installer. However, I am on firmware 11.2.0-35U

Now, I have homebrew running using OoThax. Everything works fine... but FBI as I understand, will NOT work on anything above firmware 9.2

With that said... I found out about decrypt9. However, that fails to load off of the Homebrew launcher as well. Is there any way to possibly install/inject decrypt9 or FBI using firmware 11.2.0-35U??

The reason that I am attempting this on the latest firmware is due to my desire to run the .cia version of retroarch's pcsx rearmed emulator... I heard the .cia version runs smoother due to the dynarec used, etc.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by FLjavi,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey everyone, new here... I have an issue. I am attempting to run FBI .cia installer. However, I am on firmware 11.2.0-35U

Now, I have homebrew running using OoThax. Everything works fine... but FBI as I understand, will NOT work on anything above firmware 9.2

With that said... I found out about decrypt9. However, that fails to load off of the Homebrew launcher as well. Is there any way to possibly install/inject decrypt9 or FBI using firmware 11.2.0-35U??

The reason that I am attempting this on the latest firmware is due to my desire to run the .cia version of retroarch's pcsx rearmed emulator... I heard the .cia version runs smoother due to the dynarec used, etc.

Thanks for the help!
There is no way to use either unless you have CFW on 11.2.

FLjavi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thx Kuno for the info, 'preciate it. So, in your understanding, what do you suggest that I do in order to get a .cia installer with my system on 11.2.0-35U?

You suggest that I just downgrade to v9.2 firmware?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thx Kuno for the info, 'preciate it. So, in your understanding, what do you suggest that I do in order to get a .cia installer with my system on 11.2.0-35U?

You suggest that I just downgrade to v9.2 firmware?
After you get a hardmod or do the DSiware downgrade method, yes, you'll have to downgrade to 9.2. Follow this guide: http://3ds.guide/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.