Hacking very confused about .brsar

Maeode

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well actually I'm only confused about the .brsar that I found in Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 :S

I'm trying to extract the music from the game, as I sound_data.brsar
brsar_unpack 0.0
Ok, so I'm reading \brsar_unpack00\sound_data.brsar.
Filesize: 0x35700 (header agrees)
Version: 1.1
Header size: 0x40
Chunk count: 3
Chunk 0 at 0x40, called SYMB, size 0x140 (chunklist agrees)
Chunk 1 at 0x180, called INFO, size 0x340 (chunklist agrees)
Chunk 2 at 0x4c0, called FILE, size 0x35240 (chunklist agrees)
Symbols:
3 sounds
1 players
1 groups
1 banks
Info:
3 sound entries (starting at 0x1b8)
1 bank entries (starting at 0x2ac)
1 player entries (starting at 0x2c4)
4 file entries (starting at 0x2e0)
2 group entries (starting at 0x3d8)
something unknown starting at 0x4a4
sounds:
PLAYER_BGM/GROUP_STATIC/SEQ_MARIOKART
I don't get it ******SKIPPING******
PLAYER_BGM/STRM_MARIOKART = /snddemo/strm/kart_title.32.brstm
PLAYER_BGM/GROUP_STATIC/SE_YOSHI

\brsar_unpack00>[/quote]

does this make sense to anyone else? maybe I'm not finding the right file, but this game .iso is definately for dragonball z, and so far through playing the game I have yet to encounter yoshi!

if you need any more info just let me know and I'll do my best to supply it

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The yoshi sound as I recall reading, is like either Nintendo, or a DVD ripper's group noise that occurs when you either run your wii remote finger over the channel for the game, or you click on it starting the game.

That's the sound that many people got on various games, I haven't heard if it was retail or DUMP, but that may solve your question.

Wynd

Posts merged

I have seen some people asking how to rip Wii music and I couldn't find a guide to help them. I slapped together a package w/ a text guide and all the needed tools and links to download + rip music + convert it.

I am not a wii music ripper so I am not claiming to be an expert, the One-Up team actually helped me put together these tools and showed me how to do it - e-mail or pm me w/ any errors.

Download the whole package + tools V2 from:
[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Here's the guide, you will need the tools:

How to Rip music from Wii games into wav, mp3, ogg etc.

Questions, suggestions, errors - e-mail me:
E-Mail: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

What's New in V2
================================================== ==============================

-Support for both .brstm,.rwav files. Auto rip into a ST Wav, auto loop and auto fade in 1 click!

Contents
================================================== ==============================

1. Contents
2. Wii Game Formats
3. Rip music from WAD files (WiiWare only)
4. Rip music from Wii ISO file
5. Professional editing, looping, fade-out and mastering.

Wii Game Formats
Most Wii games use Streaming music (instead of Midi Seq) thus it is very easy to rip and convert into
WAV, MP3, OGG etc. You do not need a Wii in order to rip the music. I have included all the required files
in this package.

Wii games come in 2 flavors, Wii (ISO) and WiiWare (WAD) files. This doc isn't going to cover how to make
these, but you can download them.

Download Wii ISOs

Download WiiWare WADs

NOTE: This is only for Wii formated games, this will not work for VC which are emulated.

**Rip music from WAD files (WiiWare only)**

1. Copy your WAD to the dir called "wwPacker181".

2. Dragon the WAD file to __wwunpacker.bat to extract it.

3. You should see a new dir created w/ a bunch of numbers like 00010001574b5450, click on that and
look for the biggest file (it's usually 00000002.app) and be around 30mb or so...varies from game to game.

4. Copy the biggest file into "u8tool10.1" dir.

5. Open U8Tool.exe and click on the "Archive File" and choose that file, (in this case it's 00000002.app).

6. Click on "Extract" (may take a few seconds so be patient) and should create a new dir app_OUT.

7. Click on the app_OUT dir and look for a dir called "stream" (or search for files with .brstm extention).

8. Copy the brstm files you want to convert to the dir called "vgstream-r694-test-modr1".

9. Click on the file called "_convert.bat" and it will convert into a ST WAV, auto loop and auto fade. It uses
default -l loop count. So if the file contains loop info it loops the music 2 then fades, if music has no loop
info it doesnt do a loop.

10. Use your fav method to convert the WAV into MP3, OGG or whatever.

**Rip music from Wii ISO files***

1. Go to the dir called "Wiiscrubber" and run WIIScrubber.exe.

2. Click on "Load ISO" and open the ISO you wish to rip.

3. Once the ISO is loaded, expand the "Partition 2 DATA) tree.

4. Scroll down and look for "snd" and expand that until you see "strm" dir and see the "brstm" files.

5. Highlight one, right click and extract.

6. Copy the brstm files you want to convert to the dir called "vgstream-r694-test-modr1".

7. Click on the file called "_convert.bat" and it will convert into a ST WAV, auto loop and auto fade. It uses
default -l loop count. So if the file contains loop info it loops the music 2 then fades, if music has no loop

8. Use your fav method to convert the WAV into MP3, OGG or whatever.

Professional editing, looping, fade-out and mastering.

V1 pack did not support auto loop, auto fade or ST WAV, but this this has been fixed in V2. You can edit
the bat file to change loop (if u want more) or adjust the fade out time.

Maeode

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok, thanks for the response.

is it possible that the music isn't stored on the game, but is sequenced as the game plays? this is the layout of the sound directory:

QUOTE said:
sound\
sound\2nd_time.mid
sound\autumnal.mid

sound\CVS\
sound\CVS\Entries
sound\CVS\Repository
sound\CVS\Root
sound\CVS\Template

sound\Roland\

sound\Roland\CVS\
sound\Roland\CVS\Entries
sound\Roland\CVS\Repository
sound\Roland\CVS\Root
sound\Roland\CVS\Template

sound\Roland\GM16.DLS
sound\Roland\gm16adpcm.pcm
sound\Roland\gm16adpcm.wt
sound\Roland\gm16pcm.pcm
sound\Roland\gm16pcm.wt

sound\sound_data.brsar

4 of those (gm16adpcm.pcm, gm16adpcm.wt, gm16pcm.pcm, gm16pcm.wt) all appear in a file listing I found for Roland Edirol Virtual Sound Canvas, but I'm fairly new to all this, so perhaps this connection doesn't mean as much as I think

if it is sequenced in game, I bet I'm pretty much out of luck for extracting the music right?

Maeode

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sound\Roland\GM16.DLS -3.28mb
sound\Roland\gm16adpcm.pcm -860kb
sound\Roland\gm16adpcm.wt -188kb
sound\Roland\gm16pcm.pcm -2.93mb
sound\Roland\gm16pcm.wt -166kb

when i tried to play the .pcm files they both were white noise, unless there's some way that I need to process them first in order to get clearer audio from them?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i had to guess, I'd say gm16pcm stands for game music 16-bit pcm. Also, 2.93MB is big enough to hold some music.

handy333

Trophies
Website
projectrisingsun.weebly.com
XP
Country
United States
wyndcrosser said:
The yoshi sound as I recall reading, is like either Nintendo, or a DVD ripper's group noise that occurs when you either run your wii remote finger over the channel for the game, or you click on it starting the game.

That's the sound that many people got on various games, I haven't heard if it was retail or DUMP, but that may solve your question.

Wynd

Posts merged

I have seen some people asking how to rip Wii music and I couldn't find a guide to help them. I slapped together a package w/ a text guide and all the needed tools and links to download + rip music + convert it.

I am not a wii music ripper so I am not claiming to be an expert, the One-Up team actually helped me put together these tools and showed me how to do it - e-mail or pm me w/ any errors.

Download the whole package + tools V2 from:

Here's the guide, you will need the tools:

How to Rip music from Wii games into wav, mp3, ogg etc.

Questions, suggestions, errors - e-mail me:
E-Mail: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

What's New in V2

-Support for both .brstm,.rwav files. Auto rip into a ST Wav, auto loop and auto fade in 1 click!

Contents

1. Contents
2. Wii Game Formats
3. Rip music from WAD files (WiiWare only)
4. Rip music from Wii ISO file
5. Professional editing, looping, fade-out and mastering.

Wii Game Formats
Most Wii games use Streaming music (instead of Midi Seq) thus it is very easy to rip and convert into
WAV, MP3, OGG etc. You do not need a Wii in order to rip the music. I have included all the required files
in this package.

Wii games come in 2 flavors, Wii (ISO) and WiiWare (WAD) files. This doc isn't going to cover how to make
these, but you can download them.

Download Wii ISOs

Download WiiWare WADs

NOTE: This is only for Wii formated games, this will not work for VC which are emulated.

**Rip music from WAD files (WiiWare only)**

1. Copy your WAD to the dir called "wwPacker181".

2. Dragon the WAD file to __wwunpacker.bat to extract it.

3. You should see a new dir created w/ a bunch of numbers like 00010001574b5450, click on that and
look for the biggest file (it's usually 00000002.app) and be around 30mb or so...varies from game to game.

4. Copy the biggest file into "u8tool10.1" dir.

5. Open U8Tool.exe and click on the "Archive File" and choose that file, (in this case it's 00000002.app).

6. Click on "Extract" (may take a few seconds so be patient) and should create a new dir app_OUT.

7. Click on the app_OUT dir and look for a dir called "stream" (or search for files with .brstm extention).

8. Copy the brstm files you want to convert to the dir called "vgstream-r694-test-modr1".

9. Click on the file called "_convert.bat" and it will convert into a ST WAV, auto loop and auto fade. It uses

10. Use your fav method to convert the WAV into MP3, OGG or whatever.

**Rip music from Wii ISO files***

1. Go to the dir called "Wiiscrubber" and run WIIScrubber.exe.

2. Click on "Load ISO" and open the ISO you wish to rip.

3. Once the ISO is loaded, expand the "Partition 2 DATA) tree.

4. Scroll down and look for "snd" and expand that until you see "strm" dir and see the "brstm" files.

5. Highlight one, right click and extract.

6. Copy the brstm files you want to convert to the dir called "vgstream-r694-test-modr1".

7. Click on the file called "_convert.bat" and it will convert into a ST WAV, auto loop and auto fade. It uses

8. Use your fav method to convert the WAV into MP3, OGG or whatever.

Professional editing, looping, fade-out and mastering.

V1 pack did not support auto loop, auto fade or ST WAV, but this this has been fixed in V2. You can edit
the bat file to change loop (if u want more) or adjust the fade out time.

How come I can't see the link to download this?
Tetris Party Deluxe has this killer Song in it and I have to get it!
Help me out!

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
Maeode said:
sound\Roland\GM16.DLS -3.28mb
sound\Roland\gm16adpcm.pcm -860kb
sound\Roland\gm16adpcm.wt -188kb
sound\Roland\gm16pcm.pcm -2.93mb
sound\Roland\gm16pcm.wt -166kb

when i tried to play the .pcm files they both were white noise, unless there's some way that I need to process them first in order to get clearer audio from them?

Roland is a MIDI synthesizer, so the music is sequenced, not streamed. *.wt probably means "wavetable", which is also a component of some sequenced music. *.pcm is actually a streamed audio format, but a highly unusual one (for games) - it probably just contains the instrument sounds used by the MIDI sequencer. If you find the .mid files (possibly in a container file), you can play those on any PC but unless the PC has a good MIDI synthesizer, it will probably sound like garbage and nothing like the game.

Lexip;

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you can convert pcm files to wav files if you know the bit-depth and sampling rate.

From giantpune's assumption the bit-depth is 16-bit.

You can try importing it into an audio editor like audacity.

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
handy333 said:
Listen to me! The download link is not working! You know, for the pack! I need that pack for TETRIS PARTY DELUXE. THE SONG KALINKA!

Making demands like that will get you nowhere. And before you ask, no I don't have the link.

Edit- Actually with a quick search on google, I found the link. Try it. Worship at the shrine of google ffs.

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
Did it hurt you to search before making demands on other people?
You'll find that people are a lot more willing to help you if you can show that you have at least tried to help yourself first. Stop being a Smashdude.

handy333

Trophies
Website
projectrisingsun.weebly.com
XP
Country
United States
Smashdude, shut it! Don't take it like a geek. Nerds suck, next time be resourceful.
So thanks for your reply everyone spends 50 years in the hole because of your little
remark! OR AM I BEING A SMASHDUDE!

By the way remember the name Handy Fox. Its really important to me. Problems aside.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.