Hacking verifying wud files

cregs1010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a copy of COD Ghosts that I have been trying to backup using disc2app, however it hangs partially through. I've even left it on overnight and nothing. It freezes up on the 00000011.app file, as it is zero bytes in the install folder. The disc appears clean, however there are a few light scratches.

If I managed to get a hold of a wud file from elsewhere for the game and used wud2app to prep it for install, would I be able to verify the app files in any way? Is that even something I should be worried about?

I have the tik, cert, and tmd files that disc2app was able to pull from the physical disc. If those files are used to decrypt the game, would a binary comparison of my known good tik, cert, and tmd files be to the same files generated by wud2app be enough to verify integrity, or am I not understanding how the encryption/decryption keys work?

Thanks!

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
basically because all app files are like, triple hashed and verified on install anyways it'll either install and work perfectly or just refuse to install because of broken data so you dont have to worry about that at all.

Reactions: KiiWii

cregs1010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick reply.

What are they hashed and verified against? The tik, cert, and tmd files? Something else?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the tmd contains the main hashes and the app files themself also contain more hashes for blocks, the tmd itself also is hashed and signed using nintendos private certificate so if it was corrupt it also would not be accepted since that is verified against the wiiu internal public certificate.

cregs1010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So no real chance of bricking or any other funny business introduced "elsewhere." :)

Thanks for your help.

And a huge thank you for all of your work on the Wii U. I wouldn't even have these questions if it weren't for you and the other developers around here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Toxic pills are best
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, He fucked around and found out.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Lol Veho
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O OMG. A Very EXPENSIVE way to find out :ohnoes:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    He was trying to whip shitties but instead he wiped out and ate shit.
    +2
    He was better off Whipping his own :shit:. :unsure::unsure::unsure: But then again.. Maybe not. Eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whip it real good
    Nah. Cool Whip is better :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cool wHip
    Especially on Chocolate Ice Cream :D:wub::D
    awwwh :shit: ! I shouldn't have done that. Now that song will play on my mind ALL Day :sad::cry:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: hahahaha @SylverReZ