Hacking Verify Burn?

charlieawesome

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I burn the ISOs should I verify them? My other computer (with a better burner) always turns itself off when halfway through verifying, but seems to work when it's just burning it. Should I skip verifying it or do I need to?
unsure.gif

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
charlieawesome said:
When I burn the ISOs should I verify them? My other computer (with a better burner) always turns itself off when halfway through verifying, but seems to work when it's just burning it. Should I skip verifying it or do I need to?
unsure.gif
I think what verifing does just makes sure the burn was successful.

I don't usually verify. If it's not gonna work, I'll know when I pop it in my wii
tongue.gif

darktehnub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mrkinator said:
charlieawesome said:
unsure.gif
I think what verifing does just makes sure the burn was successful.

I don't usually verify. If it's not gonna work, I'll know when I pop it in my wii
tongue.gif

Me too, sometimes the imgburn will verify it, but sometimes it doesn't even do anything when the tray goes back in. Also it's a waste of time since it takes around the same amount of time as burning to verify (for me)

I_Got_Wii'D

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
like most people, I also just skip the verify process. It takes forever and if it did not work prior to the verify nothing is going to change.

just pop the disc into the Wii and then you will find out. and in about 1/10 the time it takes to verify a disc.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I verify.

Ofcourse, for a DVD+/-R, once something is burned, it cannot be undone.

The reason I verify is to make sure the burn was fully complete with no errors. If you dont verify, you wont ever know, and sometimes if there is an error, you might still be able to boot it up, but not continue past a certain point.

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Depends if you plan on keeping the games or if you just want to burn them to play then chuck in a box/bin.

I verify my discs (just as it is useful as a transfer rate test) and I keep the .IBG graph which I can load into dvdinfopro to see how the burn went (and how fast it read back when verifying). If there were any speed dips when verifying I reburn the game and make sure it reads back at 16x.

I also do PIF scans on some discs, to make sure the levels aren't too high.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
not a chance would i let my burners work OVERTIME, its like my car BRM ENGINE why not slip into 4th or 5th so revs are down at 1 1/2 instead of 2/ 1/2 see what i mean, same principle, putting things under more stress lol.

nah i wouldnt dare waste time verifying, no point, if it burns 100% it burns 100% lol successfull in my opinion, ive burnt about 250 games, me & my lass have probably played a good 100 propperly, never ever had sisc read issues or nothing
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I always verify my burns. With my old burner 1 out of 2 discs did not pass the verify process. The discs were readable, but not all data was copyable. Didn't you recognize the people here having trouble with bad burns? I wish i knew if the discs not working due to a bad burn would have passed the verify process if one had been done.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Goes by many things, your burner, e.g. my nice LG one is amazing yet my Sony one is CRAP at burning, my Sony is better at reading than my LG. Strange...? never mind
discs, sometimes have surface marks or water marks already on them that can affect etc.... but anyway ive had 100% burn success
smile.gif

malsuk

Trophies
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
Goes by many things, your burner, e.g. my nice LG one is amazing yet my Sony one is CRAP at burning, my Sony is better at reading than my LG. Strange...? never mind
discs, sometimes have surface marks or water marks already on them that can affect etc.... but anyway ive had 100% burn success
smile.gif
good for you

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
QUOTEgood for you
Certainly is, we hear about these burning threads all the time and IMGBurn is bollox at finalising anyway, Nero 6 is better..

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
QUOTE said:
nah i wouldnt dare waste time verifying, no point,
There is lots of point, just it's not much use to test the quality of the burn.

QUOTE said:
if it burns 100% it burns 100% lol successfull in my opinion
And how do you know it is 100% without a PIF scan? A disc finishing burning means nothing, the quality can still be atrocious.

Playback is also a bad test - I've had discs that scan horrible that seem to playback fine, but they will be putting undue stress on the DVD drive (case in point the ps2's that never stopped reading after a read error - thousands of them failed).

but anyway ive had 100% burn success
smile.gif
And how many discs have you PIF scanned/performed TRT's on? You can't say you've had success just because it completed.

AND LOL at nero is better. Please..

I've said this quite a few times recently, but go and read cdfreaks, learn how optical disc technology works, download some tools (and a decent scanning drive - some sony drives are rebadged liteons which are good for scanning so you may not need a new drive. the more drives the better though =] ) and start testing your discs.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
like i said, iv'e completed about 100 games, never ever have bad reads, drive is nice & quiet, never ever finalised a game, i understand stats etc regarding which are best writing programs, but i prefer Nero, obviously ImgBurn for reading an ISO etc, that's the only thing and writing small Iso files, but all in all There isn't no need to verify, up to you though, like i say, ive had 100% success.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks