Homebrew VectrexWii update

daxtsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I saw a post over on gc-forever for a request of VecxWii to be ported to Gamecube back in June or July, so I decided to do it as a fun weekend project. The reasons I posted it here in the Wii section are because A) The Wii section is infinitely more active than the GC section on here, and B) I compiled VecxWii/GC with the latest versions of DevKitPro and GRRLIB.

So anyway, here's the main attraction:
http://www.mediafire...b10cwru1ncx9xq3

I've included the source as well. It still has the previous memory leak issue, but I might look into it sometime, so there's no need to inform me if it crashes after loading many ROMs.

Try it out and let me know how it works.

Changelog:
-Ported to Gamecube
-Added preprocessor checks to determine if we're compiling for Wii or GC(to remove Wiimote/USB specific code, or add it as necessary)
-Compiled with GRRLIB 4.3.2 and DevkitPro r26

Reactions: 2 people

daxtsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If there wasn't sound in the previous release, then no, sorry. It's just a recompile for the Wii, and a port for the Gamecube. I've written a couple emulators before, but I've skipped the sound parts every time, so I probably wouldn't be the best guy to implement it, unless it's super simple for the Vectrex.

FullMetalEnginee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
According to Wiibrew the next release was supposed to have sound support but it's been over a year and the author hasn't updated the emulator :(
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/VectrexWii

I would hope someone could finish what he started if he's abandoned this.

Next release
  • Fix known bugs on the emulator code which cause problems with Minestorm (freezes some seconds if you hit certain enemies before they start moving), Bedlam and Polar Rescue. Thanks to raz0red for pointing these out.
  • Sound support.
  • Buttong mapping, nunchuk and classic controller support.
  • I'm leaking memory and it causes the emulator to crash when you load certain number of ROMs (depending of how many ROMs you have in the SD/USB, higher number of ROMs means lower number of loaded ROMs before crashing). A quick, patched version will be released asap.

daxtsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What I may end up doing for this, if I find the time, is taking the PSP version of Vecx and porting it to the Wii & GC, since it has sound support and a number of bug fixes that this version seems to lack. No promises, though.

Reactions: dilav

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: F