Hacking VC/WiiWare Tickets - can they be removed?

loz_the_guru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im thinking about installing a few WiiWare titles as I really want to try out FFCC:MLAK but im still a bit dubious about the whole ticketing issue. Is there anyway to remove these yet? How likely is it that nintendo will ban my console from online play (I couldnt live without Mario Kart) or worse?

Basically, is there a method of performing a clean install/uninstall process, leaving no permanenet trace?

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
i think we need an new internet slang

like UFSB
for use the f'ng search button?

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From what I have read, and understand, even after uninstalling the wad's there is still some scrap data left over. So no, theres not a perfect removal tool. But the wad manager DOES unistall the tickets along with the wads.

Venko

Trophies
XP
Country
GexX2 said:
From what I have read, and understand, even after uninstalling the wad's there is still some scrap data left over. So no, theres not a perfect removal tool. But the wad manager DOES unistall the tickets along with the wads.

I'm pretty sure the Wii's format option does the trick. So if you really want to clean your Wii that's the one to use.

darkhawk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes there is a way to unintsall the WADs, Inc' tickets.
Using the WAD Uninstaller app or the new WAD Manager....
Although they remove the tickets and such they dont remove the logs which show how long you played the game for or usedthe WAD channel(if you where to install and use custom channels)

Presonaly iv been doing this for a while iv gone online with my installed WADs on the Wii and there havnt been any problems SSBB and Mario Kart work still go online. I highly doubt Nintendo will ban consoles.

Jademalo

Trophies
XP
Country
wait, im still lost. what exactly are these tickets? and what exactly does it do to let you install the game on the console? :s
and yes, ive ufsb.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Jademalo said:
wait, im still lost. what exactly are these tickets? and what exactly does it do to let you install the game on the console? :s
and yes, ive ufsb.
A game requires it to verify that you did "buy" the game
wink.gif

Jademalo

Trophies
XP
Country
superrob said:
Jademalo said:
and yes, ive ufsb.
A game requires it to verify that you did "buy" the game
wink.gif

aaaaah. so wh happens if you install a wad then dl it from the shop channel?

oh, and i am from another planet. its called broken internet for 2 months
frown.gif

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The tickets used to need to be "proper" tickets so you could redownload the game from the WiiShop. Now it doesn't matter if the ticket is proper or not, you must have purchased the game from the WiiShop to redownload it. Now it is just a way for your Wii to verify the games you have installed. Then the WiiShop checks your installed tickets against its database of purchased content and if a title matches up, then it allows for redownload.

pokemongalaxy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
seriously, Id think nintendo would rather do something better than banning you for having the ticket, theyd rather do something like find ways to detect modchips(I mean the new ones like d2c mods)

Like Kokorilink said:"stop worrying!"

epu708

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
Venko said:
GexX2 said:

I'm pretty sure the Wii's format option does the trick. So if you really want to clean your Wii that's the one to use.

yes, there is aboout two blocks missing after uninstall wad.

this is the case that I am asking about at another thread.
what happen if I do the install and uninstall more than once.
will it take my memory -2blocks, -2blocks, -2blocks ... ?

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If your really worried, after your done playing a "free" VC game, do a Wii System Format, and it'll get rid of EVERYTHING...

epu708

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
Renegade_R said:
I once ate a VC ticket...it gave me AIDS. They are very dangerous.
yeah right, how long is the window period before you get yourself tested? LOL

I am just curious about what kind of file that takes 2 blocks and can be removed only through format.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4