Homebrew VC wads won't install

MuraRengan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having this problem for awhile and have been unsuccessful in solving it through google or whatnot. If there is a sticky with the info i seek please direct me to it.

The problem I'm having is that my VC wads will not install. All non-vc wads I have tried work, however, my VC wads always get stuck at a content and never finish (I once left the wii on all night hoping that the process was just slow, but it just never finished.) I've used the most recent versions of the Wad manager, and am currently using the MMM, however; none of them have been able to install VC wads. Today I hacked my friend's wii and tried installing VC wads on it and they worked fine. I've got no idea what's wrong with mine. Any suggestions?

x_r3ap3r_x

Trophies
XP
AFAIK wad manager wont work it certain cIOS, Example: I can install normal wads in Wad manager 1.6 using IOS 249 but VC wads wont, but they work if i install them using IOS 222. Try changing the cIOS and see if that helps.

MuraRengan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
x_r3ap3r_x said:
AFAIK wad manager wont work it certain cIOS, Example: I can install normal wads in Wad manager 1.6 using IOS 249 but VC wads wont, but they work if i install them using IOS 222. Try changing the cIOS and see if that helps.

I've been trying that with no luck so far, still have a couple to go through.

QUOTE(trumpet-205 @ Aug 20 2010, 10:22 PM) Grab WAD Manager 1.7, then install cIOS rev20 in slot 248 with base 38. Then try again with wad manager using IOS248.

I did this fully, no success.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OK, if Wad Manager 1.7 doesn't work, try YAWMM, and if this also doesn't work, the wad you are trying to install is maybe broken.

MuraRengan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
OK, if Wad Manager 1.7 doesn't work, try YAWMM, and if this also doesn't work, the wad you are trying to install is maybe broken.

I tried YAWMM earlier and it didn't work. I can promise the wads aren't broken, because I got them to install on my friend's wii with no problem.

If it would help, I can make a video of what's going on here so you can see exactly what's happening.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
MuraRengan said:
FIX94 said:

I tried YAWMM earlier and it didn't work. I can promise the wads aren't broken, because I got them to install on my friend's wii with no problem.

If it would help, I can make a video of what's going on here so you can see exactly what's happening.
I have another idea. Use YAWMM again and select IOS36. Now UNINSTALL (yes, uninstall) the wads. Then restart YAWMM, select IOS36 again and INSTALL the wads.

MuraRengan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
MuraRengan said:
FIX94 said:

I have another idea. Use YAWMM again and select IOS36. Now UNINSTALL (yes, uninstall) the wads. Then restart YAWMM, select IOS36 again and INSTALL the wads.

YAWMM doesn't give me the option to choose any IOS, but I tried this anyway and it also didn't work. Then I tried with Wad Manager 1.7 because it gives me the option to choose IOS36, and that also didn't work.

x_r3ap3r_x

Trophies
XP
I have an idea it should most definitely fix your problem. Update your wii to 4.2 ( or reinstall offical 4.2) and re-mod your wii using the sticky in the modding page.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OK, next idea
laugh.gif
Open Trucha Bug Restorer, select IOS250, go to the IOS36 menu, enable all four patches, and install to slot 236. Now open your wad folder and delete the wm_config.txt. Open YAWMM, choose IOS236 (now select screen should come) and install the wads.

MuraRengan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
OK, next idea
laugh.gif
Open Trucha Bug Restorer, select IOS250, go to the IOS36 menu, enable all four patches, and install to slot 236. Now open your wad folder and delete the wm_config.txt. Open YAWMM, choose IOS236 (now select screen should come) and install the wads.

I got a couple error messages when trying to load IOS250, so I installed it with another IOS, then tried again to load it with IOS250, and it worked. After following all the steps the wad installed successfully. Thanks so much for the help
bow.gif

MuraRengan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
OK, and if you reload IOS36? You must try it a few times!

Actually, after I installed another wad, when I went to the system menu it wouldn't load. Restarted the wii, and now whenever it turns on I'm told that the system files have been corrupted.... I can load up Bootmii, but can't access the system menu. I hope it's not bricked.

I unbricked the wii with a nand backup, but I had to re-hack pretty much everything. And now the miracle suggestion you gave me isn't working lol.

I guess it's back to square 1. I have no idea what unbricking my wii changed, but it definitely undid whatever solution I got from it. With all the suggestions here, I still can't get them to work.

MuraRengan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
MuraRengan said:
I installed another wad, when I went to the system menu it wouldn't load.
Forget it, THESE wad files CAN'T be clean.

So, am I using poorly made wads? I only installed 3 wads, which I got from different sources. 2 of them worked perfectly, only one caused the system menu problem. As it stands, I can't even install the ones that worked anymore, I'd just like to get my wii back to a state where I can install clean vc wads.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: