Hacking VC game disappers from Wii U menu

fhcat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wii U that I once soft modded back in 2018. I did the Haxchi hack and installed CFW to a DS game called "Brain Age". But then I left it on the shelf for 2 years. I don't remember if I did CBHC. I think very likely I did not. I did not hack the vWii on it.

Recently I wanted to play some Wii U games so took it out, and after I started it a couple times, it prompted about a new 5.5.3 update and I did it, since all the Wii U hack guides are on 5.5.3 now.

But now some strange thing happened, I lost the Brain Age icon from the Wii U menu, but I still have the Homebrew Channel icon. And it still works. I can go into Homebrew menu and launch WUPinstaller and App store. So technically I still can install and play native Wii U games I downloaded from Wii U USB Helper without doing any browser exploit. But my concern is I lost the Brain Age icon, so I don't know how to get to CFW. And I want to play some GameCube games on the gamepad, they require CFW according to their descriptions in Wii U USB Helper.

So in summary, my questions are:

• How do I get the Brain Age icon back? I went to eShop and it only shows that I have purchased the game. It does not show any download button.

• If somehow I get it back on my Wii U menu, do I have to go through the steps again to install Haxchi CFW?

• If I forget about this game and purchase another VC title, such as "Big Brain Academy" which is also $6.99, do I have to inject Haxchi CFW on that assuming I don't have CBHC? And can I install CBHC without worrying about bricking my Wii U?

• Is there any other simpler way to play GameCube games on the gamepad without all this hassle? I don't want to hack the vWii as it seem complex and I don't have a Wii mote. I only have my gamepad.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are able to boot the Homebrew Launcher after coldbooting the system, then you likely have CBHC installed, and the Brain Age icon might have been transformed into something else, like a "Do not delete" icon (I can't remember, and I don't personally use Haxchi/CBHC). You can probably find it in the Data Management screen. Obviously, don't delete it.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2