Homebrew VBA .savs on gpSP emulator

Thirdeyechai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

I just set up my 3ds for homebrew for the first time and I have been fiddling with some of the emulators that are available. I decided to give gpSP a crack so I could continue playing my Golden Sun: The Lost Age file which I had previously been playing on VisualBoy Advance (Windows). When I first went to load the game I realised that gpSP could not read the .sav file VBA had created. It is my understanding that the two emulators use different .sav files. So I went about looking for ways to convert my existing .sav file to be compatible with gpSP. What I found was that I need to change some settings in VBA. Options -> Emulator -> Save Type and change the settings to Flash and Flash 128K. I tried this but now whenever I try to save the file on GS: TLA I get an "unable to detect backup memory" error.

If anyone could provide some assistance here I'd really appreciate it!

Attachments

• 0940 - Golden Sun - The Lost Age (UE).png
    0940 - Golden Sun - The Lost Age (UE).png
    11.1 KB · Views: 242

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I just set up my 3ds for homebrew for the first time and I have been fiddling with some of the emulators that are available. I decided to give gpSP a crack so I could continue playing my Golden Sun: The Lost Age file which I had previously been playing on VisualBoy Advance (Windows). When I first went to load the game I realised that gpSP could not read the .sav file VBA had created. It is my understanding that the two emulators use different .sav files. So I went about looking for ways to convert my existing .sav file to be compatible with gpSP. What I found was that I need to change some settings in VBA. Options -> Emulator -> Save Type and change the settings to Flash and Flash 128K. I tried this but now whenever I try to save the file on GS: TLA I get an "unable to detect backup memory" error.

If anyone could provide some assistance here I'd really appreciate it!
Is the save named the same as the rom? And is it in sd/retroarch/cores/savefiles?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)