VBA .savs on gpSP emulator

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Thirdeyechai, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Thirdeyechai
    OP

Thirdeyechai Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2016
    Hey guys,

I just set up my 3ds for homebrew for the first time and I have been fiddling with some of the emulators that are available. I decided to give gpSP a crack so I could continue playing my Golden Sun: The Lost Age file which I had previously been playing on VisualBoy Advance (Windows). When I first went to load the game I realised that gpSP could not read the .sav file VBA had created. It is my understanding that the two emulators use different .sav files. So I went about looking for ways to convert my existing .sav file to be compatible with gpSP. What I found was that I need to change some settings in VBA. Options -> Emulator -> Save Type and change the settings to Flash and Flash 128K. I tried this but now whenever I try to save the file on GS: TLA I get an "unable to detect backup memory" error.

If anyone could provide some assistance here I'd really appreciate it!

Attached Files:

2. Giodude

Giodude GBAtemp's official rock

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Is the save named the same as the rom? And is it in sd/retroarch/cores/savefiles?

3. Thirdeyechai
    OP

Thirdeyechai Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2016
    The save file is named identical to the ROM. It wasn't in the location that you mentioned but I just tried moving it there and it's not recognised at all.

4. einhuman197

einhuman197 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 17, 2015
    Germany
    Inside your bootloader (´◉◞౪◟◉)