Hacking Various Channel Wads for Apps

olijack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TroyTheZombie said:
thatcoolguy said:
hello. i should've posted in this thread instead. i have tried the USB loader 1.5 .wad (not the forwarder, another forwarder i have tried also black screens) and it shows a black screen when i try to start from the wii menu. i don't understand what could possibly be wrong. do you have any ideas why the program would successfully install on the wii menu but not go past black screen when starting?

is there some kind of logo for the Sinclair ZX Spectrum? I couldn't find one.

There is a logo which is a red, yellow, green and blue stripe going diagonally with I believe some text on it but I can't seem to find it at the moment for the life of me. Will drop you a link if I can find it anywhere.

TroyTheZombie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm messing with 3Dish versions of the emulator logos, I'll put em up in a bit, tell me what you think. I think they look a little more, interesting. ( got the idea when messing with the commodore 64 logo...it just looked so plain for my tastes)

Original-
NESORGLogo.png

3D..ish
NES3DLogo.png

Original
TG16ORGLogo.png

3Dish
TG163DLogo.png

Any Thoughts?

You get the idea...

USBLoaderORGLogo.png

USBLoader3DLogo.png

olijack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there here are some Logo's for the sinclair spectrum that I have found on the internet image size may be a bit small though
unsure.gif

sinclair.png
- original logo
images.jpg
- another version
128k.png
- Spectrum 128k logo

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These .wad channels work great except for every time I exit the application, the Wii goes to a black screen and I have to hold in the power button on the console to shut down and reboot.

I do not have this problem when I run the app from the homebrew channel.

Any ideas?

ApolloCheese

the shy guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Digital1980 said:
These .wad channels work great except for every time I exit the application, the Wii goes to a black screen and I have to hold in the power button on the console to shut down and reboot.

Any ideas?
go to settings and activate "exit to system menu". by default it exits to the loader, but when you start them from the system menu there is no loader to exit to, so you get the black screen.

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ApolloCheese said:
Digital1980 said:

Any ideas?
go to settings and activate "exit to system menu". by default it exits to the loader, but when you start them from the system menu there is no loader to exit to, so you get the black screen.

Great!!! Thank you so much for the help ApolloCheese.

toni.belangenani

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey, I gotta say that I really like your channels! I've been looking all over for the emulator ones, they're simple, and use the original (nintendo) logo's instead of some custom designed stuff. I guess even my girlfriend will understand what they are for! The 3Dish ones do make them look a bit more lively, so I'd say it's an improvement!

And one question/request: do you plan on making forwarders for the emulator channels? Because there's an awful lot of activity going on in Wii-homebrew-land and I expect quite some updates in the near future. It would be real easy if I wouldn't have to update the channel all the time.

Anyway, thanks for the awesome channels!

moviecouple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if you take requests, but I was always very partial to this one. Clean and sleek and matches lots of other sets. If you are... I would like to see this on a USB Loader Forwarder or a standard for version 1.5 Loader.

Banner, Icon and Logo
USBLoaderV11-banner.jpg

USBLoaderV11-icon.jpg

USBLoaderV11-logo.jpg

wbg
wbgntscn.png

lollett

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1. Download your fav Usb Loader Channel.wad you want to change (if you post a link i'll have a go)

2. Get Wad Channels Updater - http://www.mediafire.com/?iwojwbdmmek

3. Get this boot.dol (extracted from HDD Forwarder) - http://www.mediafire.com/?wyygojdmwmn

4. Run "Wad Channels Updater.exe"

- Original Wad = fav Usb Loader Channel.wad
- New DOL application = boot.dol
- New Channel title = Usb Loader

5. Press Update button

6. You will now have "Updated.wad"

7. Install as usual - hey presto your fav old wad images/banner/sound - but with a new application embedded.

Now if you want to get really cleaver, rather than use the forwarder boot.dol linked on this page, download Waninkokos USB Loader 1.5, rename .....dol to boot.dol and use the above steps to get a new embedded 1.5 channel with your fav startup look.

(And I see you wanted a new background.png - 1.5 support custom backgrounds.. just copy it to SD:/USB-LOADER)

Note: Wad Channels Updater doesn't work for everything, for example i'm trying to embed custom USB loader and this crashes. But it's not Wad Channels Updaters fault as injectuwad and wadpacker have the same issue because the application hasn't been written with WAD in mind.

Hope this helps!

TroyTheZombie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
olijack said:
Hey there here are some Logo's for the sinclair spectrum that I have found on the internet image size may be a bit small though
unsure.gif

sinclair.png
- original logo
images.jpg
- another version
128k.png
- Spectrum 128k logo

they are good. I tend to remake the logos anyway (see the master system one for example, made from scratch). I just needed to see what it looked like. Thanks!

QUOTE(toni.belangenani @ Apr 19 2009, 09:20 AM) Hey, I gotta say that I really like your channels! I've been looking all over for the emulator ones, they're simple, and use the original (nintendo) logo's instead of some custom designed stuff. I guess even my girlfriend will understand what they are for! The 3Dish ones do make them look a bit more lively, so I'd say it's an improvement!

And one question/request: do you plan on making forwarders for the emulator channels? Because there's an awful lot of activity going on in Wii-homebrew-land and I expect quite some updates in the near future. It would be real easy if I wouldn't have to update the channel all the time.

Anyway, thanks for the awesome channels!

Thanks!

and yes, eventually. Devkitpro doesn't seem to like me, so, I am on the hunt for other forwarders to grab the needed file from them.

toni.belangenani

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
Thanks!

and yes, eventually. Devkitpro doesn't seem to like me, so, I am on the hunt for other forwarders to grab the needed file from them.

You're welcome, I'll just wait patiently to see if the forwarders work out or not
happy.gif

And in the meantime your existing channels are great!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N0Gm4uiJXfM&pp=ygUeSSBoYXZlIG5pcHBsZXMgY2FuIHlvdSBtaWxrIG1l