'Vampyr' to get TV adaptation

vampyr.JPG

Back in June, DONTNOD Entertainment, the team behind LIFE IS STRANGE, released their latest RPG game Vampyr (which I really liked) featuring a doctor turned vampire constantly facing moral choices and battling his inner demons. The game heavily relies on its narrative to provide a pseudo-cinematic experience which some people thought might be adapted in a TV series. Just today FOX21 announced that it has secured the rights for Wonderland Sound & Vision and DJ2 Entertainment to adapt for television.

DONTNOD CEO Oskar Guilbert goes on the record to say, “we believe it is a fantastic premise for a television show. This is a new and exciting way for fans of the game, as well as the uninitiated, to enter and engage with VAMPYR’S rich, deep story. We cannot wait to see how the talented team at FOX21 will bring out the darkly atmospheric universe of our game into television.”

The DJ2 team loves the creative vision DONTNOD & Focus devote to all of their projects,” says DJ2 CEO, Dmitri Johnson. “The great relationship we’ve built with them since partnering on their incredible game, LIFE IS STRANGE, allowed us to get on board for VAMPYR well before its release. Like them, we’re excited to collaborate with our friends at FOX21, Wonderland, and the rest of the creative team we’re assembling.

The press release did not mention about whether the adaptation will be in live action or CGI nor when will it go in production. Nevertheless, it seems like the film industry is very interested in giving video game franchises the TV series adaptation treatment as other famous series like The Witcher and Castlevania are getting. Do you think TV series might be a better medium for video game adaptation rather than full-length movies? Which game would you like to see on TV?

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox
:arrow: Vampyr Official GBAtemp Review

Reactions: damiano2712

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
why? cauz they must be really short of.... IDEAS!!
Todays Hollywood and short of ideas? That just dosn't sounds right. There're so many thing which still have no movie e.g. Pencil - The Movie - oh wait that's a million dollar idea. I'm out, have to call Faber-Castell and Fox :D

Last edited by VitaType,

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Todays Hollywood and short of ideas? That just dosn't sounds right. There're so many thing which still have no movie e.g. Pencil - The Movie - oh wait that's a million dollar idea. I'm out, have to call Faber-Castell and Fox :D
nope, Pencilver was already made by Rick and Morty, you are late!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
That's...interesting. From what I recall, the story in Vampyr was pretty decent despite everything else being meh. Whether they can make a decent TV show out of it I doubt, I'm sure they'll ruin it as they do every other Video game-based TV show/movie.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-