Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Valve have overhauled their website, and VR seems to be much of the focus in their future plans. Valve's new "knuckle controllers" for VR can be seen in background videos with large red text and links overlaying the whole thing.

gabe-newell-vive-prototype-1021x580.jpg

(Gabe Newell demos an old Vive prototype)
RoadToVR said:
“We make games, Steam, and hardware. Join us,” says the first line of Valve’s newly redesigned website—in big bold red letters—bringing its look more in line with 2010’s design language than the previous version that screamed ‘late 2000’s’. Along with the new look is a clear emphasis on hardware as a central part of Valve’s future, with VR positioned as the cutting edge of the company’s work.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Valve's site

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still waiting for them to take my money for those knuckle controllers. I've recently gotten back into VR and I feel like the limiting factors are the earbuds (I'll buy a Deluxe Audio strap eventually. Probably.), the cable (Thinking about buying retractable ceiling hooks cause I'm not paying $300 for the TPCast.) and the controllers.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Does The Lab count? Well, I guess you can say it's more like a tech demo for the Vive since all it really is is just some minigames.
No, I don't believe it's considered one of the full games, which we'll surely have to pay for. Being Valve, however, I'm also sure they will be high quality and reasonably-priced. I believe Valve also brought some of the Budget Cuts developers in house to assist with development of their game and the others, though I might be mistaken.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to