uWizard needs a title.tik?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by JamesLieko, Mar 21, 2016.

  1. JamesLieko
    OP

    JamesLieko Member

    Newcomer
    29
    2
    Mar 13, 2016
    United States
    I'm trying to grab the Super Mario Maker update, but uWizard cannot decrypt it without SMM's title.tik. I assume this is the title key, so can I just put the title key into a .bin and change the extension to .tik?
     
  2. n1ghty

    n1ghty GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    273
    345
    Aug 8, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    If you are asked for a title.tik in uWizard, then you have downloaded the full game and not the update.
    The title.tik of the updates gets downloaded automatically.
     
  3. JamesLieko
    OP

    JamesLieko Member

    Newcomer
    29
    2
    Mar 13, 2016
    United States
    How can I get just the update? If I use the key listed in the Title Database it throws up a unauthorized error. Several games throw up unauthorized errors when I try to grab their updates with the keys in the Title database.
     
  4. NWPlayer123

    NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

    Member
    2,629
    6,226
    Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    Well, first check that there's no dash in the TitleID, the main game uses 00050000, updates use 0005000E, and DLC uses 0005000C (just swap out the second 8 digits), so download 0005000E1018DC00 160 (no v)
     
  5. JamesLieko
    OP

    JamesLieko Member

    Newcomer
    29
    2
    Mar 13, 2016
    United States
    Without the dash there's not enough characters, but it appears to work if I just throw another zero at the end of the string.

    This was with uWizard so there's already a version box that I left empty to grab the latest (Which was the same you listed, but it's just easier that way). Considering the speed of this download, I think I have it correct this time. Thank you for the help.
     
  6. n1ghty

    n1ghty GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    273
    345
    Aug 8, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    uWizard cuts the strings on insert. So you should remove the dash before inserting or add the missing char after you inserted the title id.
     
  7. Kafluke

    Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

    Member
    3,408
    1,680
    May 6, 2006
    United States
    have you tried using new-nusgrabbergui? The latest version is working for me when UWizard was giving me similar errors on updates.
     
  8. JamesLieko
    OP

    JamesLieko Member

    Newcomer
    29
    2
    Mar 13, 2016
    United States
    Fucking hell. I didn't even realize there was a new working one. I'll grab that and use it from now on. Thanks a lot, mate.
     
  9. n1ghty

    n1ghty GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    273
    345
    Aug 8, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    If you are downloading the updates for use in loadiine, I can recommend JNUSTool.
    It downloads the updates and decrypts them on-the-fly.
    A lot faster than downloading and extracting them after that. (Also saves some hdd space :P)
     
    Phantisy likes this.
  10. Kafluke

    Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

    Member
    3,408
    1,680
    May 6, 2006
    United States
    That's another good one but I was getting the same type of errors as OP with the that too. I'm sure everything was fine and it was probably my fault but new-nusgrabbergui is working fine for me.