Siegesmund

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Cheers everyone
I’m new to the PC modding scene cuz I got one just 2 days ago and started modding all kinds of games , especially the Microsoft Flight Simulator . The first torrent ran great at 6 Mb/s , but the installer got stuck every time ...
I tried a FitGirl repack but it’s downloading at just 20-400 kB/s , the Seeds are at 0.220 ( I don’t know if it’s good ) .
I tried restarting my PC several times , I also restarted the router , nothing changes . This FitGirl torrent has 700 seeders and 400 leechers that’s what I find weird .
So why is it downloading as it would take a whole week ? ( I use uTorrent *snip* )
Thanks for reading and answering!!

Last edited by AlanJohn, , Reason: Removed link to torrent site

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hehehe might wanna remove like its against the ToS

and for question your speeds relie entirely on how many people have the complete file. a torrent is downloading from a person with a complete file the more that have it the faster it goes

Last edited by DarkShinigami,
Reactions: Siegesmund

Siegesmund

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
38482AC8-A5B3-4D85-AA8E-F9A011C3B1C4.jpeg
Is that bad ?
What’s “the optimum” ratio ?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Torrent is a peer to peer download/upload file sharing.
The program a person use is a middle man, but at the end, speed and availability is dependant on whoever is seeding the file you are trying to download.

Some will be slower, some will be faster, some will get stuck at 95%, some won't have any progress for days then suddenly download when a seeder shows up, etc.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that does sound slow with that many seeders present. I download mine with qbitorrent and a private trackers. I can get as high as 15+MB/s.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, my private trackers stopped allowing utorrent to connect due to privacy issues with it. that's what I was using. my files still download to a folder named utorrent, but with qbtorrent instead.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, that's what I meant. I knew qbtorrent didn't look right. it's a great torrent app from what I've seen (been using it for several years).

even better might be using usenet (If you can find the right indexing site). you can get the same stuff but at top speed (no seeding required). and, a lot of scene releases start in usenet or so I've heard, then trickle down into torrents.

Rj.MoG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheers everyone
I’m new to the PC modding scene cuz I got one just 2 days ago and started modding all kinds of games , especially the Microsoft Flight Simulator . The first torrent ran great at 6 Mb/s , but the installer got stuck every time ...
I tried a FitGirl repack but it’s downloading at just 20-400 kB/s , the Seeds are at 0.220 ( I don’t know if it’s good ) .
I tried restarting my PC several times , I also restarted the router , nothing changes . This FitGirl torrent has 700 seeders and 400 leechers that’s what I find weird .
So why is it downloading as it would take a whole week ? ( I use uTorrent and gut the links from 1337x.to )
Thanks for reading and answering!!
That seed ratio is low. qbittorrent is better than utorrent but it should work fine. Just pay for the game or download it on usenet. The risk is much higher to download a popular game off of torrent sites. Microsoft and other companies watch these torrents constantly. I use Newsgroup Ninja and download my NZB's from nzbplanet. Both are legitimate places to find "news". It's 30/yr for newsgroup ninja and $40 for lifetime nzbplanet. It saturates my 400mb/s connection and supports automation for different types of... news.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now that nzbmatrix died, I'm not sure which indexing site to use (a member of usenet again). I would have rss feeds for several systems, so my computer would routinely check every 15 minutes for new uploads, then download them automatically. some torrent sites use rss as well. it really is the best way to rip off companies. however, it's not so great if you have a download limit with your isp. you'll definitely go way over that.

Rj.MoG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now that nzbmatrix died, I'm not sure which indexing site to use (a member of usenet again). I would have rss feeds for several systems, so my computer would routinely check every 15 minutes for new uploads, then download them automatically. some torrent sites use rss as well. it really is the best way to rip off companies. however, it's not so great if you have a download limit with your isp. you'll definitely go way over that.
NZBGeek and NZBPlanet coupled with free sources like NZBKing are my gotos. I haven't had any issues between those three. All good sources of news

Reactions: godreborn

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, that's what I meant. I knew qbtorrent didn't look right. it's a great torrent app from what I've seen (been using it for several years).

even better might be using usenet (If you can find the right indexing site). you can get the same stuff but at top speed (no seeding required). and, a lot of scene releases start in usenet or so I've heard, then trickle down into torrents.

I always liked usenet but its not free, unfortunately. qBittorrent is my favorite and been used it for a long time. I moved utorrent to qBittorrent because utorrent had been loophole or spy or something.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I'll check those sites out. I have a subscription to usenet atm. on labor day, astraweb had $3/month for life. I've been with them before, so I went back.

the only problem really was the indexing site. since the good ones are usually not free, I was stuck with shit like binsearch. it's hard to tell what's good. I can't recall if matrix was free, but it had everything. I was going to try these saves out for dead island, but the dark site's links are dead. they're probably on usenet somewhere. I know some of those providers say F U to dmca takedowns and don't owner them. some upload services are like that but most aren't. that's probably why those links are down.

is sabnzbd still the preferred nzb downloader? that's what I still use. I don't like the new look though. it used to have direct access to matrix using an api.

Reactions: spotanjo3

Siegesmund

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

The speed wasn’t much faster...

The speed wasn’t much faster...
Nevermind i found a xatab repack and it went fine

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imagine helping a pirate :whip: Anyways yeah, other people are basically hosting chunks, with varying speeds which affect your download rate

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1