Homebrew USUM shiny lock removal test resulting in crashes?

jaderocc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Peace, so I was able to successfully remove the shiny lock via pk3ds in my digital copy of Moon and hunted a shiny Lele. Now I want to hunt Zygarde in UMoon. I’ve already gone through the process of removing the locks in pk3ds for my UMoon copy and everything seems to be fine - the only changes I made were removing shiny locks and switching the Porygon gift with a Deoxys to check things had worked alright. So I had my save saved right before Zygarde, when I went to test it out using the usumFramework plugin with the shiny rate set to 100% to test whether or not it worked, it crashes giving an exception has occurred error right before the encounter (after it makes the noises the screen blacks out.) I know the plugin is working because before encountering Zygarde, I went and got the Deoxys with the shiny rate at 100% and it gave me a shiny Deoxys. So it only seems to crash when it’s encountering things that *should* have had the shiny lock removed.

I’m mostly curious as to why it’s doing this because I tested it the same way on my copy of Moon with Lele and it showed up shiny with the plugin running no problem. So I guess I’m mostly asking if 1) does anyone know how to prevent the crash from happening, 2) does anyone have any experience with this process that’s had similar crashing when testing with plugins but still been able to find the shiny, and 3) does it even actually matter that it’s crashing with the plugin? Could it just be that the game can’t handle the edited files with the shiny lock removed AND be running the plugin at the same time? I did, on top of editing in pk3ds, use hxd to edit the Moon file to remove the shiny lock - could that have affected the plugin’s ability to show me the shiny when testing? I have not made those hxd edits to UMoon.

Any insight is appreciated, and I can post dumps of the crash log if needed.

Thanks yall :~)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...