Using Wii U pro controller on the Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by leafeon34, Feb 11, 2016.

1. leafeon34
    OP

leafeon34 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 30, 2014
    I've downloaded the modded ports of FCEUGX, SNES9xGX and GenPlusGX which support the Wii U pro controller.

Ive tried pressing the red sync button on my Wii and on the back of the pro controller, but no good, they don't sync.

Clearly I'm doing something wrong. Probably some stupid little thing that I've overlooked.

2. zektor

zektor GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 29, 2005
    United States
    I believe the Wii U Pro Controller support in these requires you to use a Wii U.

3. sindrik

sindrik GBAtemp Regular

Jan 26, 2009
    United States
    No.

You need to sync them on the System Menu, not on the Homebrew Channel or the emulator. After that, open the emulator, touch any button and it will stay with leds lit and ready to play.

4. leafeon34
    OP

leafeon34 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 30, 2014
    Well it seems like the pro controller only works on the Wii U sadly. I tried syncing it on the Wii system menu and it didn't work. Guess I'll have to make do with my Wii classic controller for a while longer. Oh well when this comes out the controller will not be an issue anymore.

5. sindrik

sindrik GBAtemp Regular

Jan 26, 2009
    United States
    I already told you it works.

6. portugeek

portugeek GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2013
    United States
    Off Topic: Sadly, another controller adapter without Dreamcast console support. Or, at least, I couldn't find any information on it.

I'm not sure why hardware developers always seem to offer support for the horribly uncomfortable Dreamcast controllers, but never seem to develop a way for alternative controllers to work on the Dreamcast console.

It would be awesome if that device could ever be designed, and programmed, to allow for WiiU Gamepad compatibility. It would be nice to someday use the WiiU Gamepad to play retail Wii games.