Hacking Using triple loader bypasses PSRAM problems

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to confirm this since I tested it. I have a defective Supercard DS-One with the PSRAM error. I was unable to get a replacement or refund, so I have to use the paper trick and battery shorting process to get the thing working at all. It still gives me the error every month or so and I was able to test something out using the triple loader:

If you use the triple loader and install the TTDS or Ysmenu firmware on you Supercard, you bypass the effects of the PSRAM error. I tried several games (TWEWY, Chrono Trigger, Mario Kart DS) on the official Supercard firmware WHILE the PSRAM error was present and experienced freezes, graphical glitches, and other bugs. HOWEVER, when I booted up the TTDS firmware on my Supercard, the PSRAM error still showed up on the self-test BUT the glitches and freezes were GONE! I assume the same goes for Ysmenu as well.

I'm not sure if anyone knew this. I just wanted to confirm it to let people know that using the TTDS or Ysmenu firmware will bypass the PSRAM error problems. It's very cool as I actually like the TTDS menu somewhat better (not caring much for the special real-time features of the Supercard and far preferring the cheat system on TTDS). I thought that this wouldn't work as it seemed to be a hardware issue, but it DID work!
yaynds.gif

At any rate, this is good for people who are stuck with their defective PSRAM error'd Supercard and don't wish to open the thing.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I've known it for some time. Those menus have been used by some who couldn't cope with PSRAM issues. Because none of the carts those menus originally ran on have anything similar to PSRAM, the OSs don't even bother checking for its existance.

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
granville said:
I wanted to confirm this since I tested it. I have a defective Supercard DS-One with the PSRAM error. I was unable to get a replacement or refund, so I have to use the paper trick and battery shorting process to get the thing working at all. It still gives me the error every month or so and I was able to test something out using the triple loader:

If you use the triple loader and install the TTDS or Ysmenu firmware on you Supercard, you bypass the effects of the PSRAM error. I tried several games (TWEWY, Chrono Trigger, Mario Kart DS) on the official Supercard firmware WHILE the PSRAM error was present and experienced freezes, graphical glitches, and other bugs. HOWEVER, when I booted up the TTDS firmware on my Supercard, the PSRAM error still showed up on the self-test BUT the glitches and freezes were GONE! I assume the same goes for Ysmenu as well.

I'm not sure if anyone knew this. I just wanted to confirm it to let people know that using the TTDS or Ysmenu firmware will bypass the PSRAM error problems. It's very cool as I actually like the TTDS menu somewhat better (not caring much for the special real-time features of the Supercard and far preferring the cheat system on TTDS). I thought that this wouldn't work as it seemed to be a hardware issue, but it DID work!
yaynds.gif

At any rate, this is good for people who are stuck with their defective PSRAM error'd Supercard and don't wish to open the thing.
So what you're really doing is using a DSTT at the price of a SCDS1?
blink.gif

juntok_abot

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Eon-Rider said:
blink.gif
although, at first scds1 is the interest-wise selection
as time passes, and something bad happened to the scds1
such as psram error, filename 8.3, slow update
we still pursue its usage, even through alternatives os
so no excuses needed for using shortcut for scds runs our games..
mine scds1 utilize ysmenu0809132222+dstt1.15
no giving up on what cart we have
i also have R4, which cannot run Hulk with FW1.18
alternative os, run it smoothly, so why not..?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eon-Rider said:
granville said:

yaynds.gif

blink.gif
Did you read what I wrote? I'm using it because I suffer from an error that makes games unplayable. Using the alternative firmwares bypass these issues. I didn't buy my Supercard knowing I'd get the error. It just happened after I got it and I was unable to get a refund.

That being said, there are a few funny things that I actually PREFER the DSTT over the Supercard:

- much better cheat system. You can't change them mid-game like the Supercard, but it's still much easier to deal with.
- less lag in games. I have a lower speed microSD card which gave me some annoying lag in some games. It's gone when using the DSTT.
- faster GUI
- I couldn't get the savestates to work properly in SnemulDS, but they work fine when I use DSTT to load SnemulDS.
- Faster when loading a game

I don't use the real time save option in Supercard. It's made me experience freezes and makes pretty large save files (I have a small microSD card, so space is important). I will admit that the real time cheat system is very cool, but since the cheat system is bad anyways, it's not too much to brag about. I really only use cheats if you need to apply a patch to make the game work. And the in-game guide I never even used as I don't normally use guides unless I'm really stumped.

Truppel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried it, but when i get a psram error in the test, instead of booting normally, i get the black loading screen and the thing freezes.

any help? I really need one T_T

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    meowie13 @ meowie13: hellooo everyone