Homebrew Using the "Overcast Sky" screen filter on luma3ds makes a tn screen look leagues better.

XRTerra

What if instead of ohio, it was kai cenat land
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The viewing angle gets slightly better, colors are less washed out by yellow.. etc.

This is probably intended or I'm missing some official statement from luma3ds, as I've only modded my 3ds recently, but if you have TN screens, just use the Overcast Sky filter(its 7500K). Having ips screens is a blessing (better contrast and viewing angles) and a curse (worse battery life) but so is tn. I think I can live with it thanks to the screen filter. Over 6000 hours on my 3ds and still have neve noticed its dual TN.

I think around 8000/8500K would be perfect for TN screens.

Make sure to go into the luma3ds config file to have 7500k on boot.

Last edited by XRTerra,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The viewing angle gets slightly better, colors are less washed out by yellow.. etc.

This is probably intended or I'm missing some official statement from luma3ds, as I've only modded my 3ds recently, but if you have TN screens, just use the Overcast Sky filter(its 7500K). Having ips screens is a blessing (better contrast and viewing angles) and a curse (worse battery life) but so is tn. I think I can live with it thanks to the screen filter. Over 6000 hours on my 3ds and still have neve noticed its dual TN.
U know this spam can get u banned making a new thread for something u taked about in the previous this your 4th thread leaking off another

XRTerra

What if instead of ohio, it was kai cenat land
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U know this spam can get u banned making a new thread for something u taked about in the previous this your 4th thread leaking off another
3rd. I'm trying to get the first thread closed. The second thread was another question, and I just found a screen filter that makes tn screens look better. I'm gonna get the 2nd closed too because my question has been answered. This thread is just a psa for tn users who want slightly better colors. I'm going to explore more into screen filters tomorrow, so I'm just going to update this thread. It would be fun to have a filter that makes tn screens look almost as good as ips. Just without the viewing angles and battery drain.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.