Homebrew Using the Nintendo DS as a wireless controller for your PC!

Deleted member 417169

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DS2Key Guide
This is not my software, credits to sypherce.

Pros
-Wireless
-Low input lag
-Cheap or lying around the house

Cons
-Small buttons
-Requires router admin
-Requires hosting an insecure network

Equipment
-Nintendo DS
-Flashcart
-PC
-Router access
-A DS game that can connect to the Internet

Procedure
Step 1: Ensure your router is capable of broadcasting your Wi-Fi either with a WEP password, or no password. The Nintendo DS is incapable of understanding WPA2 encryption, which likely means you need to do this step. Start broadcasting this network.
Step 2: Download DS2Key. Extract the files into a folder, and load the .nds file onto your flashcart.
Step 3: Find the internal IPv4 address of your PC. Download the attached txt file and change its file extension to ini. Put the config file into the same folder, edit it and paste your IP into the Ip field. Run DS2Key.Console.exe.
Step 4: Pick and boot the DS game that connects to the Internet. Find the "Connect to Nintendo WFC" option, and connect to the insecure network. Once the connection is successful, save the profile.
Step 5: Boot ds2key.nds from your flashcart. Put your IP in. Both screens should go black, the LEDs should flash, and it should now be connected. You can modify the button config using the other executable or simply by editing the p0 config file.

Resources
DS2Key - Find the googlecode link and webarchive, cannot currently link since my account is new, post previoused had the link so the forum mustve put in that new anti spam system

Last edited by Deleted member 417169,

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't seem to get this to work. I put my computer's IP address (it's a static IP that I set myself) and of course the port number 9501 that's in the program, but it just doesn't work. Any help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...