Hacking Using SD Gecko and D2pro to dump games

christicehurst

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A will dumper for the SD Gecko. Mine came in the mail with just the memory card and nothing else. I have searched this forum and others and there doesn't seem to be a official software for it or a dumper. Currently the Wii says the card cannot be used.

I used the DVDtoSD by emu_kidd and it has .dol files so I have no idea how to use them. I'm hoping someone might have the answer here.

christicehurst

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seven pages of a thread for a new guy ins't going to help me
smile.gif

I have had a look and downloaded the new software however the SD Gecko is unreadable, it never shows up, how do I boot dol files?

mstanka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
christicehurst said:
A will dumper for the SD Gecko. Mine came in the mail with just the memory card and nothing else. I have searched this forum and others and there doesn't seem to be a official software for it or a dumper. Currently the Wii says the card cannot be used.

I used the DVDtoSD by emu_kidd and it has .dol files so I have no idea how to use them. I'm hoping someone might have the answer here.

This is really easy. Just follow these steps bellow.

First goto this link and download the sdload boot disk: http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3884

Once downloaded burn to a DVD (MUST be a DVD as Wii will not read a cd-r)

Then put the sddvd01g dol file on an sd card. If you have two use the smaller one so that you will not have to put this file back on each time part of the disk is dumped.

Put the SD card with the sddvd01g dol file in the sd gecko and insert into slot one. Start up the "game" (the boot disk).

It will then look at the sd card in the sd gecko, and will allow you to boot to the dol files that are on the card. Choose the sddvd01g file.

Once this program loads, you can remove the sd card with the sddvd01g file and put the larger sd card in the sd gecko, put back into slot 1. Then follow the instructions for the program. It will format the card and dump the disk up to the size of the disk.

I use a 2gb card, and have to move the file to my computer 3 times.

I hope that this helps.

Just as with any GC homebrew, you will need a GC controller.

Michael.

christicehurst

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! Someone who use plain english for newbies!

Now with the different part files from the SD card tranfers, what software do I use to bring them together again?

mstanka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
christicehurst said:
Thank you! Someone who use plain english for newbies!

Now with the different part files from the SD card tranfers, what software do I use to bring them together again?

Just use the software called HJsplit, it is free and easy to use.

Michael.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction