Hacking using r4i+ gold card on old 3ds, possible to install cfw?

StevenSeegal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It should just work like the New 3DS. I've done this with my mate's old 3ds about 3 months ago via NTRBoot. Only problem I had was that I needed an extra pair on hands as it's quite difficult to hold 4 buttons, a magnet on it's place with a few millimetre precision and press the On button.
As you know, the old 3ds start and select buttons are a bit hard to keep pressed.
After I let my mate hold the magnet on the correct spot allowed me to focus on pressing the buttons and just like the guide I got the menu to install the CFW.

The spot for the magnet is vert small so what i did was testing it while my ds was on can attached a tiny piece of sticky note on the spot!

Also make sure you have the correct boot.firm on the root of your SD card

Last edited by StevenSeegal,

lpoolm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It should just work like the New 3DS. I've done this with my mate's old 3ds about 3 months ago via NTRBoot. Only problem I had was that I needed an extra pair on hands as it's quite difficult to hold 4 buttons, a magnet on it's place with a few millimetre precision and press the On button.
As you know, the old 3ds start and select buttons are a bit hard to keep pressed.
After I let my mate hold the magnet on the correct spot allowed me to focus on pressing the buttons and just like the guide I got the menu to install the CFW.

The spot for the magnet is vert small so what i did was testing it while my ds was on can attached a tiny piece of sticky note on the spot!

Also make sure you have the correct boot.firm on the root of your SD card
thanks, if you are confirming the button sequence is the same i will keep trying.
i am doing it and the screens light up but stay black, i remove the magnet and its loaded to the home screen?
this made me think the button sequence i was using was wrong

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ive tried again, holding magnet more specific and now i get a pop noise then it turns off?
boots up ok after that without magnet?

StevenSeegal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had the same issue until I let my mate hold the magnet in place so I could focus on the buttons. That time it did boot the NTR. So the combination is correct, you only need a 3rd hand to make it work better. idk if you can grow one, if not I'd ask someone around to help holding the magnet at the correct sport.

there isn't much room for the magnet, moving it slightly causes this to fail over and over again. that's why I used an extra pairs of hands. That time it went good on the first try even.

Reactions: lpoolm

StevenSeegal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pop noise sounds like a crash, as if the hack didn't really work in the way it should. Double check the systems firmware version and use the correct boot.firm for SafeB9SInstaller.firm

Last edited by StevenSeegal,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)