• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 15,694
  • Replies 7
D

Deleted User

OP
Hey there folks over GBATemp.

Currently I have been getting some ISO files to use on my Wii's HDD with Nintendont and came to a realization they are actually trimmed / scrubbed ISOs (those that ends with .nkit.iso.). Because of that, a (huge) doubt comes to me:
Does Nintendont run those files just like the original 1:1 file? (with no issues, cons or whatsoever.)

Any answer is appreciated.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, but downloading Wii games in this new format sucks, because Wii Backup Manager doesn't support them, and that's how I add games to my drives. Converting them back to ISO required I downloaded a 14GB "Nkit complete" package to my PC first, and even then conversion wasn't a 100% success. I hate that uploaders are now using this shiitty format. using .wbfs files was (and is) just fine. I don't give two shits about saving 4MB of space per game to be honest.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I hate that uploaders are now using this shiitty format. using .wbfs files was (and is) just fine. I don't give two shits about saving 4MB of space per game to be honest.

Maybe it is "safer" for the People who make actual the Wii "Archives" to not get "deleted" or other bad Things from Nintendo.
ISO is such a bad,bad Word for that Company. bash.gif

NKIT sounds "modern" and is something they maybe do not "understand.....laughing.gif

Reactions: jeannotte

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Well they claim it's better for archival reasons, that you can re-bloat the ISO images back to a 1:1 perfect clone since it does hashing and all that... But I'm not switching to an obnoxious format that won't work with my game launcher (CFGLoader) or my game manager (Wii Game Manager). And after mounting an image under Windows 10, it just looks to be using the standard UDF format, because my PC can mount them fine, compared to the regular Wii ISOs. That's about the only up side that I see.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Capture.png

Dolphin don't like nkit. But you can convert to rvz or iso in a right click.
Oh good, I don't need that stupid 14GB NKIT convertor garbage anymore. Still sucks that NKIT is the garbage format everyone is switching to.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Driving_duck

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, nkit sucks. The space you save can help, but would you rather have a bunch of games that have a chance of not working at all, and a higher chance of having problems, all for one extra games, or less games but all of them work very well. No one will probarly pick the first one. Just use WBFS for loaders, and dont use Nkit for dolphin. If you want gamecube games, just get the ISO, its better, just do it.

Reactions: Draxikor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not Ai women but women who's bodies are walking Atm machines
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like scam bait
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so they collect ''donations''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well gofundme doesn't accept vagina they just do that off the site
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess they just sell spicy fling material
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wonder what kinda desperate depraved beings even need to go there
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gofundme or onlyfans?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, either
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny to see people start a gofundme for silly shit like a new game system, and then see them get free money, then think, not so funny after all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gofundme for the homeless
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My dog used to chase off my neighbors cat from our yard, till one day the cat stood its ground, and paw slapped the shit out of my dog, now the cat wonders thru my yard, and my dog don't even care anymore, he's like f that cat. Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So just slap your dog when I'm climbing out urewifes window
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just use the front door, dumbass
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, what if you see him?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then slap your dog?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He can tag me in...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah last time I just looked at bigonya and said the heavy works already done
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    That's @slaphappygamer 's job to slap
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh hi nick
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I think he's from Ohio
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ohhioh Nick
    +2