Using NeoGamma to play retail Japanese discs on American Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by JonLeung, Jan 7, 2011.

1. JonLeung
    OP

JonLeung Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2005
    Canada
    I've heard that I can use NeoGamma to play Japanese GameCube games on a North American Wii, but I haven't had luck.

I bought DreamMix TV World Fighters off of eBay for my brother for Christmas, but we're still waiting (and it's been almost two months!) for my Freeloader disc from Play-Asia.com. (Now I know the Freeloader works on the GameCube but doesn't work on the Wii, but that's not a concern as I have a GameCube.) But instead of waiting forever for the disc, and because I want to play it on the Wii if I can, I thought, why not see if it's possible? And hence, I installed NeoGamma.

While I can play my North American retail GameCube game discs through NeoGamma (though unnecessary considering I could use the Disc Channel), with DreamMix TV World Fighters specifically, it freezes up at the opening screen. I can get through the screens that are probably asking me about saves, and the opening company logos, but then when the building appears, it freezes up a second later, and can do nothing but reset. It also freezes if I press Start to try to skip the opening.

Is there perhaps a particular cIOS or cMIOS that I should install (with WAD Manager) to be able to play Japanese games? Or does the problem maybe lie elsewhere?

Thanks in advance.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice