Hacking Using NeoGamma to play retail Japanese discs on American Wii?

JonLeung

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've heard that I can use NeoGamma to play Japanese GameCube games on a North American Wii, but I haven't had luck.

I bought DreamMix TV World Fighters off of eBay for my brother for Christmas, but we're still waiting (and it's been almost two months!) for my Freeloader disc from Play-Asia.com. (Now I know the Freeloader works on the GameCube but doesn't work on the Wii, but that's not a concern as I have a GameCube.) But instead of waiting forever for the disc, and because I want to play it on the Wii if I can, I thought, why not see if it's possible? And hence, I installed NeoGamma.

While I can play my North American retail GameCube game discs through NeoGamma (though unnecessary considering I could use the Disc Channel), with DreamMix TV World Fighters specifically, it freezes up at the opening screen. I can get through the screens that are probably asking me about saves, and the opening company logos, but then when the building appears, it freezes up a second later, and can do nothing but reset. It also freezes if I press Start to try to skip the opening.

Is there perhaps a particular cIOS or cMIOS that I should install (with WAD Manager) to be able to play Japanese games? Or does the problem maybe lie elsewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-