Hacking Using my old XROM 512 as the "expansion pack"??

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a G6DS Real (I know, one of the crappiest cards, but I got it a while ago, and have 2 now)

I'm trying to figure out how to use my old XROM 512 as an expansion pack for GBA games, and maybe even the DS Browser (actual release ROM)

No, I'm not asking for ROM files, so please don't flag/close this thread. I'm asking if there's a way to use my XROM as the expansion pack.

Cheers!
yaynds.gif
grog.gif

P

pasc

To my acknoweldge the XROM 512 has only NOR RAM that has to be written to through the PC (though it would be possible to write to using the GBA_Exp_loader if Rudlph added support for normal cards).

The Ram Expansion on the other hand would requirer faster ram aka Flash Ram which the XROM doesn't have so this is a no go for you...

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
figures... I always seem to get the crappy cards for my BigN products, lol

That's the only reason I will never mod my Wii... as soon as I get a Wii chip, it'll be discontinued, or bricked the next day, lol... knowing my luck!

Thanks though... now I get to sit here and pout for a little bit...

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda a rehash of a previous post, but whatever.

The X-ROM does contain strictly NOR flash which cannot be used as RAM. You've written to it before, right? Imagine the DS trying to write data to it as RAM, with its incredibly slow write speed. It wouldn't work. Current slot-2 devices contain actual RAM that the browser can use rather than (or in addition to) NOR flash.

Nobody's made a program to manage the X-rom from a slot-1 device, so you'll still need to use your computer to read and write to/from the X-rom.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-