Wiisel

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a D2Ckey chipped PAL 3.2E Wii
I have never been able to figure the correct modes to force for some NTSC games i have to force NTSC on my PAL Wii others also have to have language set to Japanese the rest boot without anything forced but from what ive read your supposed to force to your own video mode maybe all my odd forces are caused by having a chip and a PAL50/60 TV with NTSC support and this mainly happens with Jap GC games every Wii game ive tried boots without anything forced but they still blackscreen from the disc channel for whatever reason (all PAL boot fine).

Gamecube
Naruto 1-4 NTSC J GC requires Force NTSC language set to Japanese (black screen from disc channel)
NTSC U GC title 50/50 some need NTSC forced others require no changes only a few will boot from the disc channel with no Blackscreen

Wii all show in disc channel
NTSC U/J with no forcing boot through Gecko OS but not from disc channel

I understand the D2Ckey only has
QUOTE said:
Partial region free support on Wii and GC original and backup games with different videomode (ie PALUSA, JAPAN)
so im not expecting everything to boot from the disc channel although i would replace partial to virtually non existent.

So now onto my questions does my chip appear to be working correctly its attached by a clip and has the jumper bridged for PAL would changing the jumper setting improve anything or make it worse?

Does anyone own original GC Naruto discs and a Jap Wii as im curios if they also have the crash at the start screen?

Did they put bucket loads of protection in the GC Naruto games as the video mode has to be forced the games crash at the start screen and language has to be set to Jap?

another thing i thought of before posting was the D2Ckey has audio stream fix for GC games yet i had to do an audiofix on Naruto 3 as it gave garbbled sound after the game starts could that have just been down to a bad rip?

I want to buy the original discs but if im going to have the same hassle i doubt ill bother

Wiisel

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Im using component leads for whatever reason they black or green screen could that be why ill have to dig out the old composite that came with it see what happens
cry.gif
480i.
Its mostly GC games that require forcing and the language must be Japanese

this is the TV Samsung PS50Q97HD

Wiisel

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It only has one set of component inputs im pretty sure it supports NTSC on component
will try the crappy composite one and let you know ill dig it out now.

Wiisel

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok now this is really odd i tried the composite lead and everything boots without forcing anything so i switched back and now they all boot without forcing anything the only ones i never tried was Naruto 1-2 because the kids have lost the discs im using the same Gecko channel but it has different banner and icons thats the only thing thats changed in the past week and now they are all working without forcing so either something was wrong with my channel or the connection on the back of the Wii lol this has been bugging me for some time check my first post i ever made here lol.

thanks for the help anyway DJ suppose theres no way of getting them to boot from the disc channel without patching the isos or doing a region change is there?

Cant believe this has fixed itself
shy.gif

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
thanks for the help anyway DJ suppose theres no way of getting them to boot from the disc channel without patching the isos or doing a region change is there?

Cant believe this has fixed itself
I prefer GeckoOS, i don't think Disc Channel exists on my wii haha....
Erm yea i told you you DIDN'T have to FORCE SHIT
few months back i was like wait a minute for fuck sake im forcing pal 50, i could swer this dam TV allows NTSC, so i thought hmm interesting a few American games CANNOT BE FORCED PAL 50, so i was like erm....lets change scarts over to RGB AV2, BAM NTSC SUPPORT yeyeyeyeyeyeyey
tongue.gif

lol, i new about it, but could never really be assed messing around the entertainment system, especially when my 5.1 wires are all over, and pull out of the Amp easily, and that's a piss taker hehe...

Wiisel

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
haha i feel so dumb im using the same input and everything is working as it should wish i had the old channel to see if it was that.
I know what you mean i removed 60 meters of unneeded cables from behind my amp and something that looked like a dead cat
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: