amemoryoncelost

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know this should be an easy one, but I'm coming from the ds-x, on a mac and no access to the cyclo forums right now. Is the only way to use cheats via the toolbox on the cyclo site or is there another way. Honestly have no idea how the cheat system works, so any help would be cool. If I really need to, I could use a windows computer if it's the only way, but so damn annoying to start that old thing up...

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can use Rayder's cheat file. I use it and I have a Mac, you don't need any application, it's a HUGE cheat compilation file that all you have to do is drag the one file into your CycloDS folder on your microSD. Download it from Rayder's signature.

leavemealone347

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read the readme in his cheat code compilation (which seems quite complete
smile.gif
) what is the problem with the Cyclo? I don't really understand what this means. Will the database not work or will it just be incomplete?

Quoted from the readme:

"cheat.xml (unencrypted)
Supercard
CycloDS (read NOTE below)

NOTE:

Problem is there a cap on max codes for a cheat of 127 this cap has been asked to be upped be for. But there one more problem max codes can use is 256 and some cheats are pass this too."

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
leavemealone347 said:
smile.gif
) what is the problem with the Cyclo? I don't really understand what this means. Will the database not work or will it just be incomplete?

Quoted from the readme:

"cheat.xml (unencrypted)
Supercard

NOTE:

Problem is there a cap on max codes for a cheat of 127 this cap has been asked to be upped be for. But there one more problem max codes can use is 256 and some cheats are pass this too."

He means that some cheat codes are too long for the Cyclo to support them. Right after that he included the cheats that are unable to function. Just don't use them
smile.gif

leavemealone347

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Salamantis said:
leavemealone347 said:
smile.gif

Quoted from the readme:

"cheat.xml (unencrypted)
Supercard

NOTE:

He means that some cheat codes are too long for the Cyclo to support them. Right after that he included the cheats that are unable to function. Just don't use them
smile.gif
Ok, thanks for clearing this up. Thats not too many then. Hope this gets fixed.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Salamantis said:
smile.gif

Thanks for that. I saw that too, but couldn't understand it due to the Engrish.

amemoryoncelost

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How do I actually use the cheats? I've put the cheat file in the cyclo folder, not the root. Enabled cheats via the menu, but when I access the ingame menu, I see cheats are still disabled.

euphemism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
amemoryoncelost said:
How do I actually use the cheats? I've put the cheat file in the cyclo folder, not the root. Enabled cheats via the menu, but when I access the ingame menu, I see cheats are still disabled.

When you launch a game, a dialog box should pop up asking if you want to enable cheats. You activate the ones you want and press start. The cheat options via the in-game menu are just to toggle ALL cheats on or off.

amemoryoncelost

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmmmmm, I'll mess with the location of the cheats file then(tried it both in the root and in the cyclo folder with no luck)
Should I delete the default.evoCheats file or rename my CHEAT.xml file?

MrSpud

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Similar problem here, I tried to use the clyclo cheat editor to open the cheat.xml from the Rayder file but it won't open. I'm I doing this the wrong way? What is the name of the file that goes on the cart?

I really wish the forum was up for this kind of stuff
dry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up