Gaming using a PAL 360 in Canada

Bavrogar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I will be spending the next year in Canada, so I wanted to know what I need to use it there, and if there is somekind of freeloader to play US games on a PAL 360.
(too lazy to search the forums)

mikilol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
first of all canada rocks!!!
second: you need a convertorer cause they have 100v i think and we use 220 so..
third: there isnt a freeloade, so you wil have to flash it so you can download regionfree games or pal(pal and region free are the easiest to find i think) or you have to chip in your games if you dont want to flash the 360
and as last you can buy anouther 1 there

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Sorry, mikilol, but you have no idea what are you talking about.
About half of the 360 games are region-free so you should be able to buy them locally and play them on your 360. However, some (for instance, Battlefield: Bad Company or Grand Theft Auto IV) are region-locked. The best way to know is reading pirate sources, even if you aren't a pirate yourself. I suggest using something like nforce.nl.

mikilol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
MaHe said:
Sorry, mikilol, but you have no idea what are you talking about.
About half of the 360 games are region-free so you should be able to buy them locally and play them on your 360. However, some (for instance, Battlefield: Bad Company or Grand Theft Auto IV) are region-locked. The best way to know is reading pirate sources, even if you aren't a pirate yourself. I suggest using something like nforce.nl.
Yeh they maybe be region free, but if you live in canada with a pal xbox 360 i don't think he is going to the mall buy a 360 game and hope it'l work now will he like you said not ALL games are region free. and yeh you can read pirate sources but if you look carefully you see games 2 - 3 times 1 version is pal another ntsc - pal anotther 1 ntsc only others are region free. and i think if you live in canada and you go buy a game there that the game is most likley gonna be ntsc...
wink.gif

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Scarlem Nocturne said:
I'm not even sure if your 360 will be able to display on most televisions here in Canada... Unless HDTV changed all of that.
HDTV is universal ... And yes, mikilol, games you buy in stores in Canada are definitely going to be NTSC. That doesn't mean it's necessarily region-locked.

mikilol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I know that but, it doesnt mean they are gonna be region free either, there is a chance that its going to be region free, but i wouldn't rely on that, thats 1 thing bether on the ps3 that its region free.
and no I'm not a sonyfanboy, i dont have 1 sony system in my house, just saying that it would be more fun if xbox was region free

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
A Compatibility Guide for few games: List

As said "few" games, but it looks like most of the listed ones doesnt work on all the consoles...(AKA most of them are region locked..)

But thats not really a big problem.. you can just buy PAL euro5 games online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaQqCfuxKoE