Hacking Question Using a 3 TB HDD with SX OS 2.2

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to fat32 format your external drives. Your problem could be your using an outdated sxos update since 2TB is no longer the highest limit. Im using an 8TB Seagate Desktop Expansion just fine on the latest sxos. External powered btw from wall unit

Last edited by MasterJ360, , Reason: can't spell

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I just try it again fo format in fat32 using the fat32 format tool
The volume is still in GPT
I put a xci file in the root of the hard disk
and another xci file in /sxos/xci/

both xci file are working properly when used from the SD card
It does the same thing scanning forever in a loop and the screen content is flashing on and off forever

I have a really old 80 GB drive and I do the same procedure and it work fine
Only with my big 3 TB drives + that it does this problem

I Try
3 TB WD My Book HDD (externally powered) - does not work
3 TB WD My Book Essential HDD (externally powered) - does not work
80 GB Acomdata HDD - working
64 GB Lexar USB stick - working

try setting it up HDD the same way your SD card files are as well, one of the sxos broke the hdd support maybe you had an old firmware

Last edited by Teletron1,

fadafwet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I use the latest firmware that was out 2-3 days ago(2.7.1)
the hard disk and the sd card file are in the same directory
I have try exfat and fat32

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ok sorry for the slow reply, was sick yesterday. I checked my drive and it is partitioned as GPT, formatted as exFAT.

I have a Western Digital 4TB USB 3.0, 2.5" non powered hard drive - the same as this one on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com.au/WD-Black-Passport-Portable-Drive/dp/B01LQQH86A/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_1?keywords=western+digital+4tb+blue&qid=1557021099&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr2&th=1

from memory I partitioned and formatted the USB HDD using EaseUS Partition Manager tool for Windows (free version).

Last edited by gizmomelb,

njchris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok sorry for the slow reply, was sick yesterday. I checked my drive and it is partitioned as GPT, formatted as exFAT.

I have a Western Digital 4TB USB 3.0, 2.5" non powered hard drive - the same as this one on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com.au/WD-Black-Passport-Portable-Drive/dp/B01LQQH86A/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_1?keywords=western+digital+4tb+blue&qid=1557021099&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr2&th=1

from memory I partitioned and formatted the USB HDD using EaseUS Partition Manager tool for Windows (free version).
Just to add I have the same drive and it works just fine. Takes a while go load all the files in the installed but it works. I have not gone over 2tb worth of files yet tho so not sure if that will be an issue.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just to add I have the same drive and it works just fine. Takes a while go load all the files in the installed but it works. I have not gone over 2tb worth of files yet tho so not sure if that will be an issue.

I can assure you over 2TB worth of XCI images is not a problem, but yes it does take a LONG time to scroll through them.

It would be nice to have an XCI loader app which pre-scans the USB HDD for new XCI files, adds them to a DB or .TXT file and then the user can scroll through pages of XCI files quicker, have favourites book marked, etc. and the app then just parses the XCI to the SX OS XCI loader routine (which apparently can be done).

Reactions: bostonBC

larrypretty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Too expensive, does anyone have cheaper recommendation, like Brand and Size?

adino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi
I try it again today with the latest version of SXOS_beta_v2.7.1
And it does the same thing it scan forever without showing any content
I hope team xecuter will add more compatibility with other large drives

Thank for your reply.
I ended up buying wd red 4TB + UGREEN 50422 box sata to usb.
Use GPT + exfat format with minitool partition. It works well in the latest 2.7.1 beta firmware. It recognizes games even in the root directory and in the sxos/xci

Note: Plug the cable into the nintendo switch (screen on) first and then press the power button (button in UGREEN). If you press the power button first, the switch will not recognize the drive. You must power off the drive and do the above

Last edited by adino,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty why cant they do so for the switch :sad:
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: huh?