Gaming Uses for a banned box

cardyology

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My buddy just got his ass banned, I still have my 360 elite & it hasn't been banned as of yet but I am expecting it will be.

He said hes gonna buy a new one & smash the old one into a million pieces, I stepped in & said "don't smash it, i'll give you £20 for it!"
So now he;s bringing into work for me tomorrow.

I plan to stick it in my bedroom under the TV & use it to play DVD's, Music & DivX/Xvid files from a USB hard drive & to use it to stream video to with TVersity for my "main PC". Yes I am aware that the media center extender wont work but i read that the "Videos tab still works, including the streaming features.

Can anybody think of any other uses/things i can do with it? It has the latest 8xxx kernal so no homebrew, I know i can also play single player game backups on it (bioshock, over & over again, haha!)

Can anyone think of any reason i wont be able to use it a little, sleek looking media center box? If i need the "media compatibility updates" can i plug my elite HDD in & hope it applies them to the banned console? or can they be downloaded from somewhere for those without Live connection?

Any other thoughts? I know it dosnt really matter for £20 but i'm just thinking aloud really...

Azadar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Your friends a fool for 20 it's still plays single player games! SO you cant go online anymore big deal... Now you can just donwload any game you want and not worry about firmware patches etc just burn and play the games.

cardyology

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
He said he was gonna smash it up! I was like "noooooO!" haha

I said i;d save him the hassle of getting rid of the bits & give him £20, he agreed!

Im getting jsut the console, & the video/pwer cable. Thats it. Its an old samsung MS28 which i modded with ixtreme.

Good deal eh?

I'm jsut hoping they find a way around the "no brew' on 8xxx kernal consoles" soon!
smileipb2.png

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Like the other guy said, a banned 360 is still incredibly useful. You can play any game you want, just not online. You can also p lay leaked games without having to worry about being banned. If you have a legit console, you can use your banned console as a "test drive" for games to see if you want to buy them or not. You can also use it to link up with your other 360 and play multi-player games over LAN.

Or hey, just buy a new 360, gutswap it with the banned one, return your banned one for a full refund and sell your new one for major profit.

Blue Zoidberg

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cardyology said:
Can anyone think of any reason i wont be able to use it a little, sleek looking media center box? If i need the "media compatibility updates" can i plug my elite HDD in & hope it applies them to the banned console? or can they be downloaded from somewhere for those without Live connection?

You'd have to use only .wmv files on your USB drive or stream everything through TVersity. There is no way to solve the "media comparability update" issue without being on Live. I really wish there was, but so far nothing
dry.gif

I use my still unbanned 360 as a media box (TVersity, Zune) primarily and a game console secondary. If I didn't have to be on Live for the stupid non-existent media "updates" I'd be a happy camper.

If you're going to be messing with an already banned x-box, you might as well give it a nice paint job and some other mods
biggrin.gif

cardyology

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Another guy at work wants it to play offline games with, I said he'd get more use out of it so he can have it.

Plus he offered £30 & i dont wanna pay that so nevermind.
I am expecting a ban on my elite any day now, so this is still useful info!

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I'm getting this right, a banned 360 can still play all games, but the online features don't work? Does it install fine as well?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1