Hacking Used Tinfoil in Stock

marchelvetia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi everyone,
Today I tried to install an Update with DBI which gave me a "FAT FS is corrupted" error. Now I got 2 problems and hopefully someone can give me some advice, so thanks in advance to everyone who does!

1) It says it's corrupted, would it be the best option to nuke the SD and just make a completely new emuMMC?

2) Since I was having problems with the install, I tried to just reboot into atmosphere (as with any device this sometimes fixes thw problem just doing a reboot). There seems to be a problem with the reboot and I had to press the power button. For some reason it booted into OFW, instead of just emuNAND. After that I opened Tinfoil through the album folder (since I wanted to try installing the update through a tinfoil shop, instead of my file through DBI) and Tinfoil got installed on my OFW. I had WiFi turned on. I quickly realized my mistake, deleted Tinfoil and turned of the Switch.
I do have a clean NAND Backup. Have people been banned because of this? How do I make the OFW "clean" again? A Link to a good guide would be really nice.

Last edited by marchelvetia,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
1) try putting the sdcard in to your PC and do a "chkdsk /f /r /x" on it

2) Welp... hopefully Atmosphere blocked any communication to the Nintendo server. So restore your backup is the best way to try to restore it and hope you didn't get banned. But you should more or less count it as banned from now on.

Reactions: Hayato213

marchelvetia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
1) try putting the sdcard in to your PC and do a "chkdsk /f /r /x" on it

2) Welp... hopefully Atmosphere blocked any communication to the Nintendo server. So restore your backup is the best way to try to restore it and hope you didn't get banned. But you should more or less count it as banned from now on.
Thanks for your reply! This unfortunately did not do the trick. I made a complete reset of the SD card and installed everything from scratch. But I have another problem:

I do have two Switches, so the following is very strange to me. If I try to install an .xci file via tinfoil, it says that the install failed, even though I can locate the exact file which „hasn‘t been installed“ on the SD card (path is something like emummc -> raw1 -> Nintendo -> Contents -> registered -> <long number>). If I try to do a cartridge install via tinfoil and then a .nsp install via DBI it gives me the error you can see in the picture. It gave me the error for every single file I tried to install. So I decided to do another clean install of everything (wiped the SD). Trying to install a .nsp via DBI file worked and it didn‘t give me an error. But as soon as I try to install a game cartridge via tinfoil it gives an error and somehow doesn‘t work for .nsp via DBI anymore after I tried that with tinfoil. The strange thing is, that I use the exact same file versions, everything is up to date on both Switches but it doesn‘t work only for one. Do you know what could cause that?

IMG_4402.jpeg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated