Hacking Used Luma updater. 3DS not booting anymore

Genjutsuhh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
So I opened up Luma updater on my 3DS and it said "New hourly version available" or something like that, so i selected the update hourly option and after it was done, my 3DS turned off. Now every time I try to power it on, the blue led flashes for about a second and then turns back off. Is there anything that could be done about this ?

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Delete the payload (bin or firm) depending if its a9lh or B9S and restore you're previous payload that it backs up (rename it) or just download a fresh one on the PC. No need to use nightlies, just use the stable releases

Last edited by retrofan_k,

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Try to remove the SD Card and power on your 3DS
If it still shows a black screen then it's either because you don't have A9LH/b9s on the CTRNAND or because something messed up somehow and you neec to recover a previously backed up NAND

Reactions: Quantumcat

Genjutsuhh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Delete the payload (bin or firm) depending if its a9lh or B9S and restore you're previous payload that it backs up (rename it) or just download a fresh one on the PC. No need to use nightlies, just use the stable releases

Could you elaborate on this please? How exactly do I go about doing this ? ( my luma/payloads/ folder contains more than one file that i was using to chainload) I'm using B9S by the way.

Try to remove the SD Card and power on your 3DS
If it still shows a black screen then it's either because you don't have A9LH/b9s on the CTRNAND or because something messed up somehow and you neec to recover a previously backed up NAND

I already tried that, still the same thing. The blue power light flashes for a second and then turns off. I do remember creating a backup at the time of setting up Luma + B9S...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just simply redownloaded the latest Luma and replaced the Boot.firm file. Works now.
Thank you for the help though. :)

Reactions: AxlSt00pid

zona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
FUCK !!!, both my 3DS and new 3DS

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

got me scared for several minutes, T H A N K S !!!!!

zaqqaz00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same thing happened to me and did not have time to report bug
easy fix
on SD card delete boot.firm
rename boot.firm.bak to boot.firm

don't forget this else you will have a corrupt luma in ctrnand:
copy the boot.firm to CTRNAND with GOdmode or FBI

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo