Hacking Use normal wifi adaptor as a Nintendo Wifi Adaptor

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, here's my situation. I don't have WEP wifi. I want to start playing on wifi again, but all I have is WPA security. Changing the security type is not an option, and I'm not really wanting to buy anything. What I want is to be able to use a normal wifi adaptor for my laptop as the Nintendo wifi adaptor.

So I'm wondering, is it possible? My laptop has built in wifi, and is connected to my router, I have a Pluscom wifi adaptor connected (which can suposedly act as a Nintendo wifi adaptor, but also let other things connect to it aswell).

Is there any software for this? I've tried downloading the software for the Nintendo wifi adaptor, but I cannot complete it since it needs me to connect a Nintendo wifi adaptor, which I don't have.

Cheers!

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Shameless bump.
wink.gif

Yes, this is something I'm interested in also. I did a quick bit of research, and couldn't find anything (but if I do at some point, I'll link it in this thread, or something).

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As far as I know, this is possible so long as the computer with the Wifi module is also connected through an ethernet connection.

Basically you can only use the Wifi module in your PC for one connection at a time. So if your laptop connects to your router through Wifi only, you won't be able to create a Wifi hotspot since the adapter is already in use.

However, if your laptop is hooked to the router using an ethernet (RJ45) connection, you can then use the Wifi adapter to create an 'ad-hoc network' that your DS can connect to.

Here is a YouTube video on how to create an ad-hoc network in Windows Vista:

You should be able to configure the ad-hoc network to use WEP security which is what the DS requires. Then it's just a matter of connecting your DS to your newly created access point.

I hope this helps!

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I know I can do that, but I was wanting to stay wireless (connect to my router with laptop, then have my DS connected to laptop) but I guess it isn't possible. I'll use your method until I can do something else.

Thanks anyway
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?