Wilma4556

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,
I'm looking for a possibility to play Games online with homebrew. I had the firmware Version 11.0.0-33E EUR. If I want play games online, i just get the message, that I must upgrade my firmware. I had used browserhax to get homebrew. Has anybody a idea?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I'm looking for a possibility to play Games online with homebrew. I had the firmware Version 11.0.0-33E EUR. If I want play games online, i just get the message, that I must upgrade my firmware. I had used browserhax to get homebrew. Has anybody a idea?
Being in an older firmware is useless with modern exploits. What i would recommend is upgrading to 11.2, following this guide to downgrade to 2.1 http://3ds.guide, installing arm9loaderhax and a custom firmware, and upgrading back to 11.2. this allows for homebrew apps directly on the home screen and the ability to update without worry. It also makes emulators run faster, and in the new3ds' case, wireless video streaming is possible. If you're a pirate it allows for piracy too.

Wilma4556

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

That looks good. Can I uninstall menuhax, upgrade and get Homebre with Soundhax? Is that safe? I don't have special hardware to rescue a broken 3DS.
Being in an older firmware is useless with modern exploits. What i would recommend is upgrading to 11.2, following this guide to downgrade to 2.1 http://3ds.guide, installing arm9loaderhax and a custom firmware, and upgrading back to 11.2. this allows for homebrew apps directly on the home screen and the ability to update without worry. It also makes emulators run faster, and in the new3ds' case, wireless video streaming is possible. If you're a pirate it allows for piracy too.

I prefer the uper solution. My 3DS workd without this gret too. I don't need this things.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I prefer the uper solution. My 3DS workd without this gret too. I don't need this things.
You don't need them indeed since you have annoying workarounds, but there is no point wasting 1 minute everyday using these workarounds rather than spending one hour once to have more convenient methods of doing everything. Plus the fact that ok, it "works" right now, but when you'll try to play a game that requires 11.2 and 11.3 is out (meaning you can't update to 11.2 only anymore, and you won't have homebrew access on 11.3), you'll be left with @Giodude's solution only, so there is no point postponing it to then when you can do it now.

But in the end, it's your choice obviously. Even if you'd rather waste your time all the time, it's not mine you waste.

Wilma4556

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You don't need them indeed since you have annoying workarounds, but there is no point wasting 1 minute everyday using these workarounds rather than spending one hour once to have more convenient methods of doing everything. Plus the fact that ok, it "works" right now, but when you'll try to play a game that requires 11.2 and 11.3 is out (meaning you can't update to 11.2 only anymore, and you won't have homebrew access on 11.3), you'll be left with @Giodude's solution only, so there is no point postponing it to then when you can do it now.

But in the end, it's your choice obviously. Even if you'd rather waste your time all the time, it's not mine you waste.
Is there no risk?

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there no risk?
There is a lot of risks for dumb people who skip steps, especially the "make a NAND backup" one.
For all people who can read though there is almost no risk. You'd be very unlucky if dukesrg's site was down right when you're on 2.1 and you're on a N3DS which doesn't like that firmware and stuff. Otherwise no really, everything goes smoothly, there are more checks than actual writings done, etc.

Roomsaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a lot of risks for dumb people who skip steps, especially the "make a NAND backup" one.
For all people who can read though there is almost no risk. You'd be very unlucky if dukesrg's site was down right when you're on 2.1 and you're on a N3DS which doesn't like that firmware and stuff. Otherwise no really, everything goes smoothly, there are more checks than actual writings done, etc.
Aren't there alternatives to dukesrg's site? I remember using Gateway's site while on 2.1.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Aren't there alternatives to dukesrg's site? I remember using Gateway's site while on 2.1.
Well, seems like the guide now tells people to go to http://2xrsa.3ds.guide, which I guess can't really be down while people are following the guide, otherwise I don't know what they're following lol. Well yeah, the page could load just before the site is down but that would be even more unlucky than having dukesrg's site down.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...