USBLoaderGX not loading with new SSD

REVD814

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend sold me his modded Wii and it came with a 160 GB HDD. I wanted to add more backups so I decided to use a 250GB SSD I have. I formatted the SSD to FAT32 with 32 clusters and I copied all the files over. When I went to launch USBLoaderGX it just take me back to the Wii main menu. Is there anything I need to do with the SDD besides formatting and moving the files over? Or is it just compatibility issues with the SSD? It works when I plug in the old HDD.

On amazon it called:

"JOIOT 250GB Portable External SSD,USB 3.1 Type C Ultra-Light External SSD, Mini Portable Solid State Drive for Mac Windows Android Linux(250GB)"

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I went to launch USBLoaderGX it just take me back to the Wii main menu.
Are the usbloadergx files on the sd card? Or are using an installed wad channel? Even if it doesn't recognize the ssd it'll still show the usb initiation screen, and could boot to the usbloadergx menu.
Is there anything I need to do with the SDD besides formatting and moving the files over?
Make sure it's in MBR and with a primary partition. You can check the SSD in Disk Manager.
Or is it just compatibility issues with the SSD?
Could be, until you confirm the above though.
It works when I plug in the old HDD.
Does the SSD come with a type-c to usb 3.0 cable?

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello,

your disc may need a Y-cable , for a better connection with the wii, for that you should test if you can, then you will form an opinion.

Now I have a Y-cable (buy recently) , for my personal tests :yaywii:

Reactions: CoolMe

REVD814

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the usbloadergx files on the sd card? Or are using an installed wad channel? Even if it doesn't recognize the ssd it'll still show the usb initiation screen, and could boot to the usbloadergx menu.
It's an installed channel
Make sure it's in MBR and with a primary partition. You can check the SSD in Disk Manager.
I'll check
Could be, until you confirm the above though.

Does the SSD come with a type-c to usb 3.0 cable?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-