Hacking USBLoader GX - Alt dol from iso results in error

Kaaji1359

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I was told that it's possible to load a game's different dol's from the ISO itself. So in USB Loader GX, I go to the individual game settings -> turn on "Load from Disc" in the alternate dol settings -> then I click on the option below it to choose the DOL. I've only tried it on 2 games... For HOTD 2&3 it gives me 2 options: "auto" and "pick from list". The Auto function just loads HOTD2, while the "pick from list" goes to a black screen that says "Error (DSI)..." with a stack and code dump. For Metroid Prime Trilogy, it won't even show the "auto" and "pick from list" options; it just goes straight to the same error black screen.

Anyone know why the option to load the alt dol's from the iso themselves isn't working?

Thanks!

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
What cIOS rev are you using? 14? Also, try it on CFG Loader with Hermes IOS 222, 223 37/36.

HotD and MPT are both working just fine using CFG Loader, IOS223 mload, 002 anti.(I am only using alt dol for MPT).

Kaaji1359

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
G0dLiKe said:
What cIOS rev are you using? 14? Also, try it on CFG Loader with Hermes IOS 222, 223 37/36.

HotD and MPT are both working just fine using CFG Loader, IOS223 mload, 002 anti.(I am only using alt dol for MPT).

Ah I apologize, I should've included that. I'm still using cIOS36 rev10 because that's the most stable for me (I HATE the fact that on rev 13a/b and rev 14, you have to hard-reset the Wii if you want to play another game!). I havn't tried it on 002 anti - I'll make sure to try that. Also I was using IOS 249 (don't know anything about 223)...

I'll try turning anti 002 on, try it with cIOS 222, and try it with rev 14 as well and post back.

BTW, I'm assuming that the only way your game will play is if you use the alternate .dol for each of the 4 games, correct? That was my understanding from reading other posts.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
HotD plays fine from HD, no alt dol required.

MPT works using alt.dol

For cIOS 222, 223 37/36, just google Hermes 222, 223 and search here in the forum to find the package.

Well, hard resetting is really annoying sometimes but at least it is not needed anytime you change a game using rev14.

Kaaji1359

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
G0dLiKe said:
HotD plays fine from HD, no alt dol required.

MPT works using alt.dol

For cIOS 222, 223 37/36, just google Hermes 222, 223 and search here in the forum to find the package.

Well, hard resetting is really annoying sometimes but at least it is not needed anytime you change a game using rev14.

HOTD3 works, HOTD2 doesn't.

Semi-newb here, but what exactly is "Hermes"? Is it an addon to a USB Loader?

And rev14 (for me at least) still requires a hard reset; hence the reason I went back to rev10. Unless they recently updated it?

markedmanner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kaaji1359 said:
Hello. I was told that it's possible to load a game's different dol's from the ISO itself. So in USB Loader GX, I go to the individual game settings -> turn on "Load from Disc" in the alternate dol settings -> then I click on the option below it to choose the DOL. I've only tried it on 2 games... For HOTD 2&3 it gives me 2 options: "auto" and "pick from list". The Auto function just loads HOTD2, while the "pick from list" goes to a black screen that says "Error (DSI)..." with a stack and code dump. For Metroid Prime Trilogy, it won't even show the "auto" and "pick from list" options; it just goes straight to the same error black screen.

Anyone know why the option to load the alt dol's from the iso themselves isn't working?

Thanks!

I am having this exact same issue with metroid. I posted about it in the GX thread HERE

UPDATE: I got metroid 1 to work see HERE

adnkc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kaaji1359 said:

Thanks!
use system, not disc. then load alt dols from disc. only works for mp1 & mp2, still trying to figure out mp3, one dude said I need a blank dvd inserted but I still get an error message when I try to start mp3 from alt dol.
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.