Hacking [USB_GX] - Donkey Kong Country Returns

CuberToy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, here's my problem. When I try to lunch Donkey Kong Country Returns with USB Loader GX (r938) I only get a message tell me that I have to insert the disc.
In fact, I have the exact same problem with Doctor Who : Return to Earth, luckily, this game sucks so I don't mind
tongue.gif

Anyone know how to fix that ? Cause in fact, I didn't touch anything on my Wii since a very long time, and everything seems to have change... I don't understand anything anymore (need to get back on it).

I'm on 3.2E

CuberToy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry for the double post, but just want to make an update to my message (visible, so like an "up").

Can you tell me what I must install to have my Wii update (cIOS and other stuff). Also I will post here all my current version of everything as soon as I know how
tongue.gif

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
(I suggest getting CFG (Configurable) USB Loader and looking for a tutorial here.)
But you could get started with updating IOS249 (Use g00g13)
Sorry for being so vague.

CuberToy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm installing it right now. (My SD Card Passed away, rest in peace)

EDIT : Strangely it works Great on Configurable USB Loader !

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
CuberToy said:
I'm installing it right now. (My SD Card Passed away, rest in peace)

EDIT : Strangely it works Great on Configurable USB Loader !
biggrin.gif

On CFG you also don't get the AP/bug in the shop (which happens on disc, in the shop, you have to press HOME to make the text bubbles come up
tongue.gif
)

tolltier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this issue and I put a disc in (was any other game I had) and it booted no problems. That is all I changed. Ran IOS 223 too though. Now it just resets the game halfway through 1-3. Just now starting to search for that issue but if anybody knows could you link me? Not asking for you to search as I am now just if you know give me a heads up.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pocchama1996 said:
It works just fine on my usb loader gx i think i have r929 and i have cios 249 base 58Same here, no issues. USB Loader GX r938 using cIOSx rev20b on an IOS57 base with games loaded on a 500GB WBFS partition.
Tagg7 said:
It's a pity that USB GX is no longer being developed. It had a great GUI.USB Loader GX's code is actively being updated and tested right now. As of this post the latest beta svn is at r1000.

EDIT: Oh noes!!!! I've just read this from the USB Loader GX thread.....
They are (or they were) working on rewriting the whole USBloader to improve it.
It can't be achieved in few changes, and to keep track of all the changes the developers are posting them on the google code source.

Most of the revisions just break the compatibility with another part of the loader, so there are no new .dol until all is converted to the new code.
r997 and r1000 are the first "official" alpha test revision since r938.
It's only for testing purpose, there are still things to changes and fix.

Now, for the revision 1000, Dimok wanted to mark the reached goal by joking and saying that all of the long time noobs' requests (game cube USB loading) and long time requests were added. (banner animation, ext2, ext3, etc.)
It was meant to be funny !

But there are so many unfunny and ungrateful people, they were just ranting about the joke, "it's not April's fools, stop trying to be funny".
They didn't even understood the "1000" mark joke frown.gif
Result : the developers loose their motivations to work on the loader for such douches.

I'm not sure if you will see any new revision soon (well maybe they will still work on it, but the google code site is now in sleep mode, no more tabs available).
You can say thank you to unfunny and ungrateful users (again).
-[]D

D

Deleted User

I know this is 4 days old, but I had the same problem with USBGX, I fixed it by keeping any DISC in the tray, as long as it picks up a disc in the slot, even if its blank, it will fix it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-