Hardware USB Port 2 doesn't recognize any instruments

ebaymarcaro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to have both the drums and microphone recognized when using rockband. Both work when plugged into USB port 1, but neither work with usb port 2. I'm trying to run rock band using neogamma R9. I have 249 installed with base 37. I also have 223 installed with 37. Rockband will recognize my guitar and whatever is plugged into usb port 1. I'm on system 4.2. Anyone know what I might be missing to get both instruments to work? Any advice would be much appreciated.

ebaymarcaro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you both for the replies. I had installed hermes v5.1 after my 4.2 update. I'm not on 4.3. I installed 223 with IOS37. That should work right? Are there any other cIOS needed?

I didn't think about a hub. I assumed the wii couldn't handle USB hubs. Now I see a hub even comes with the rockband set (I bought my components one at a time). I will definitely go buy a self-powered USB hub as I could use more usb ports.

Just to be clear. Should it be possible without the hub to have both the drums and microphone run on the wii (plugged into separate USB ports) or do they only ever work from port 1?

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
in the current cios one usb port is reserved for hdd loading
that one cant use anything else (including hubs)
the other port can be uses normally
so hubs should work fine there

ebaymarcaro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PsyBlade said:
in the current cios one usb port is reserved for hdd loading
that one cant use anything else (including hubs)
the other port can be uses normally
so hubs should work fine there

Ahh. That explains it. I'll see how everything goes once I get a hub. Many Thanks!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c