USB Port 2 doesn't recognize any instruments

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by ebaymarcaro, Oct 24, 2010.

Oct 24, 2010
  1. ebaymarcaro
    OP

Newcomer ebaymarcaro Member

United States
    I can't seem to have both the drums and microphone recognized when using rockband. Both work when plugged into USB port 1, but neither work with usb port 2. I'm trying to run rock band using neogamma R9. I have 249 installed with base 37. I also have 223 installed with 37. Rockband will recognize my guitar and whatever is plugged into usb port 1. I'm on system 4.2. Anyone know what I might be missing to get both instruments to work? Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. PsyBlade

Member PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Germany
    a hub

3. Red_Gh0st

Member Red_Gh0st GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you installed IOS223 with Hermesv4 or lower the 4.3 update adds a stub to replace it. You need to install IOS223 again with Hermesv5.1

4. ebaymarcaro
    OP

United States
    Thank you both for the replies. I had installed hermes v5.1 after my 4.2 update. I'm not on 4.3. I installed 223 with IOS37. That should work right? Are there any other cIOS needed?

I didn't think about a hub. I assumed the wii couldn't handle USB hubs. Now I see a hub even comes with the rockband set (I bought my components one at a time). I will definitely go buy a self-powered USB hub as I could use more usb ports.

Just to be clear. Should it be possible without the hub to have both the drums and microphone run on the wii (plugged into separate USB ports) or do they only ever work from port 1?

5. PsyBlade

Member PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Germany
    in the current cios one usb port is reserved for hdd loading
    that one cant use anything else (including hubs)
    the other port can be uses normally
    so hubs should work fine there

6. ebaymarcaro
    OP

United States
    Ahh. That explains it. I'll see how everything goes once I get a hub. Many Thanks!!!

7. chop

Member chop GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    As best I know you need base 56