Hacking USB Loader

madclint

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

wonder if anyone can help me, I have used USB loaders before and it has worked for some games, the problem I am having now is if I try and run a game from a USB loader it gives me a error about invalid disk or ret-2, ret-8 I have tried configurable usb loader, have tried neo gamma, and usb loader gx i have also looked on the forums but can not find someone that has the same problem.

Any help will bne appreciated

thanks

KiiNG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like the disc image is corrupt, or the drive is corrupt. Answering some questions can help folks help you, though. What format is the hard drive? FAT, NTFS, WBFS? What cISO are you using? ..what revision?

Try to install a retail disc game via the loader and see if that works.

madclint

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I will check what ciso i am using can't remember now,

I use configurable usb loader to install the game it installs fine I have tried backing up all my games all original retail games, the format of the drive is wbfs
i am using a 32gig flash drive to do it, and it installs fine when i use the loader to install game from the wii. wbfs manager sees the games that I have installed to the drive and allows me to convert it a iso which works fine.

I have always had problems with usb loaders though sometimes when i load the wii freezes then give me a stack dump error this happens on many occasions

if anyone can help me to get this work I will be very very happy and buy you a lolly pop

KiiNG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firstly, check the compatibility wiki on the flash drive to see if yours is on there. In my own experience, 32g thumb drives don't have a great success rate.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Index.php/USB...patibility_List

If you have all the retail discs sitting there, then you should consider tossing the wbfs partitioning altogether. Format the drive to FAT32, use GParted (my preference) or FAT32 Gui Formatter (google either), to do so. Make sure the drive is set to Primary/Active. Don't use Windows' format option to format it. After its done, put a folder on the root of the drive called "wbfs". Then open up CFG USB Loader and install the game that way. Use CFG USB Loader to try and start the game. Might as well trash GX while you're at it, last I checked, its a dead project.

If that doesn't work, then the drive is probably incompatible. I've got two 32gb drives that wont work since they sleep almost instantly on being idle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: 4th wife