Hacking USB Loader query and maybe some bonus info?

GeeMann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I think I have now upgraded from uber noob to just noob or maybe even middle class noob.

First and formeost for the community. Can someone add the following info to this thread http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...patibility_List

I have tested an Iomega Prestige 1.5TB drive (enclosed) purchased "ONLINE ONLY" at Future shop.ca. Drive went for $89.00 CAD at the time ( 3 months ago)as it was a special price offer. The Vendor ID is 059B and Product ID is 0370. This External HDD is working with Config USB loader quite fine ( with an exception but likely my issue and I will ask that question at the end). I ran my backup copy of new super mario for at least 3 hours ( not exaggerating) without a glitch. It was the only game tested though, but should be a good indicator.

My questions are two fold:

I keep getting a Hacks.ini not found error. What could I have set wrong?
I have priiloader set with a forwarder. I used Wii BackupManager to format the drive to FAT32 with WBFS folder. When I click on the forwarder, I get a error saying:
WARNING Partition WBFS1 not found. Select a different partition or format a WBFS Partition.

I select a diff partition and it sees the HDD and I load it fine that way. It is just annoying for the extra clicks if ya know what I mean. Again, is this a setting I have wrong?

I have been reading so much in the last week that my brain hurts and some info is just getting so garbled. I would appreciate any and all help.

NOTE TO MODS/ADMIN... please update the device list if you see fit. It may be helpful, unless I should test it more and report back after a few games played??

7 more shopping days till Xmas...
smile.gif

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you get the no hacks.ini error, because you havent installed any hacks to your NAND.
enable some hacks or at least go to the menu so it can install to your NAND.

What is priiloader forwarding to?
only CFG and GX support FAT loading.

and anybody can edit the compatibility list, not just the mods.

GeeMann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My Mistake in typing, was a bit late and I was careless.

I have priiloader forwarded as a chammel.
I also have configusb forwarded to a channel.
I used wiibackup manager .30 to format the drive as FAT32 with wbfs folder. When I click on the forwarder, I get a error saying:
WARNING Partition WBFS1 not found. Select a different partition or format a WBFS Partition. This was also the case before I used the forwarder as well.

Thanks for the info about editing the compatibility list. I will update that as soon as I am home from work so that others may be able to benefit.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
priiloader is not a forwarder channel. anything that says channel has its own TID and (99% of the time) has a pretty banner that shows up on the system menu. priiloader shares the same TID as the system menu.

GeeMann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the info giantpune. My real question is the issue with the HDD though. Specifically why does CFGusb not see the Fat partition with wbfs properly untill I "select another partition". Then it loads it fine. All works eventually, but having a channel forwarder to simplify things for the kids is useless if it doesnt take them directly to the USB HDD. Is there perhaps a better way/program to format the HDD to FAT32 than WiiBackupManager?? Should I use CFGusb to format it instead?

leaird

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you ever figure out how to fix this? If so...please share because I am having the same problem. It's nothing major, just an annoyance that I would like to clear up. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E