Hacking USB Loader... my turn ;)

Daileon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
WOW! That kind of GUI (posted some pages back) is awesome! If there's a way to make it configurable (change the background, as an example) without the need to recompile it would be GREAT!

Hungyip, take a look at what is possible with libwiigui
smile.gif

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
how very odd..

figured out the problem

it needs to be... wimage_path=SD:/wimages/

i had wimages_path=SD:/wimages/

However.. now this is the strange thing.. with that string it still loaded the widescreen images... but code dumped on me...,
It shouldn't of as it would of just ran from the default.. being wimages folder... that string would not of been taken into account

Here lieth the problem..

I also think as you have images_path I think you need to change the string to wimages_path to avoid confusion..

raptir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ The other guy having settings issues: Make sure you have cIOS Rev10 installed. I had Rev9 because of the Excite Truck glitch in the official USBLoader, updating to 10 made all the settings work. And this version apparently works with Excite Truck despite the official version not...

evvil

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys I just started a new thread to guage interest in having widescreen versions of the box art hosted on http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/ so we could use the download feature in widescreen mode and not have to resize every time we install a new game. Please post in there if this is something your interested in, I already talked to djtaz and he said he will do it if enough people want it!

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149278

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Im confused as hell now.

Ok Im using the new 7.1 dol and i have widescreen tv
Do i have to use widescreen boxart or can i just use the regular ones i already have.

Right now this is how my config file looks.
I want to keep all features and turn absolutely nothing off.
Only thing i want to use that i dont think is set by default is the widescreen.

Is this all i need in my config?

wbackground =bg216x9x.png
images_path=SD:/usb-loader/covers/

Thats where my normal covers are located.That way i can use the same path as waninkoko offical loader since i already have a wad channel of that installed.

Any help would be appreciated.

chicou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rudy69 said:
thanks for answering my question
smile.gif
I will use 1.1 for ripping

What about my 2nd question? How is the Cover download thing supposed to work?

I got the same problem with the download cover.

Could not initialise the network

Chicou

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, my titles.txt used to work, but no longer does for some reason, I was using v6.7, and now moved up to v7. To my understanding, the titles.txt file should be in the same dir as the .dol, correct?

That is where the file is now, I have even tried moving it to the root, or in the general apps dir, and no luck no matter where I put it.

Do I have to set a path in the config file now or something? Is the loader just not seeing it or what?

Help please

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE(jono@home @ Apr 17 2009, 01:53 AM) figured out the problem

it needs to be... wimage_path=SD:/wimages/

i had wimages_path=SD:/wimages/

Thanks, now the widescreen background loads fine.

EDIT
titles.txt works fine for me. Looks like this.

Code:
RUUE = Animal Crossing: City Folk = 0
RONE = OneChanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers = 0

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, that was a typo.

The widescreen image path option is wimages_path

Posts merged

squablo said:
For some reason, my titles.txt used to work, but no longer does for some reason, I was using v6.7, and now moved up to v7. To my understanding, the titles.txt file should be in the same dir as the .dol, correct?

That is where the file is now, I have even tried moving it to the root, or in the general apps dir, and no luck no matter where I put it.

Do I have to set a path in the config file now or something? Is the loader just not seeing it or what?

Help please

I will try to test that when i get tome. It should be put in the same directory as the loader.

Fat Cow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tripellex said:
And here's the channel background, slightly tweaked

menuscreen1.png

Lastly, here are the Icon and Logo's, this time different (thanks for the suggestion!)

iconimage.png

logochan.png

Now, can someone make me a custom forwarder WAD that points to sd:\apps\usbloader with this? I'd be GREATLY appreciative. Wadder keeps giving me WADs that cause code dumps
frown.gif
I've made a forwarder with these images, channel ID USBL.
http://www.mediafire.com/?dxlgyzonmgg

One problem is that the background has some serious color bending(?) issues, I think it's caused by converting to tpl, anyone know how to fix this problem?

Tgrokz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiShizzza said:
And here's a new 16:9 only background:
fe4fbd.png

Code:
console_coords=116,40,404,150
console_color=8,15
covers_coords=260,210
entry_lines = 3
EDIT
stupid question haha

thanks for this awesome theme, though.

tripellex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fat Cow said:
tripellex said:
And here's the channel background, slightly tweaked

menuscreen1.png

Lastly, here are the Icon and Logo's, this time different (thanks for the suggestion!)

iconimage.png

logochan.png

Now, can someone make me a custom forwarder WAD that points to sd:\apps\usbloader with this? I'd be GREATLY appreciative. Wadder keeps giving me WADs that cause code dumps
frown.gif
I've made a forwarder with these images, channel ID USBL.
http://www.mediafire.com/?dxlgyzonmgg

One problem is that the background has some serious color bending(?) issues, I think it's caused by converting to tpl, anyone know how to fix this problem?

Double check that the images are in RGB rather than CMYK. I might have saved them as CMYK by mistake.

Meannekes

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
your channel forwadder is great but i have a little question
is it possible to make the word "Loader" in the same colour like "USB" or just make it a little bit brighter?
because my TV is very bright in the settings but the Word "Loader" is a little bit too dark, so its hard to read it

Fat Cow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tripellex said:
Double check that the images are in RGB rather than CMYK. I might have saved them as CMYK by mistake.
I read in the banner tutorial thread that the problem is caused by tlpconverter only ouptut 16bit color, but the original is 24bit. Can you lower it in the original source? I tried to save as 16bit and it turns out just as bad as tlpconverter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played