manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
erolz said:
hdhacker said:
erolz said:
i just read that cIOS 11 final will fix the spindown problems ;-)
Where did you read that? Before you attempt to fix your drive, first tell us what hardware revision it is.

Narolez mentioned the rev11 spindown fix here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147638&st=480

my drive:
WD 3200BMWVU-11A04 /B8B
serial:WXH109925518

did a test with WiiFit, short lab run. After i finished the run, the wii hangs and the only thing i can do is a hard reset :-(
hdparm is still the easiest way to fix it

HisshouBuraiKen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do you really need a spindown fix? Your USB drive should have software to take care of that for you. Mine did (Seagate Freeagent Go 250GB).

I haven't tested any of HataX's edits yet, how do they all work?

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes, you do, as seagate is the only one with such software
smile.gif
others you cannot turn off spindown from usb

kavid

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
HaTaX said:
Update to 7.406 released!

No one makes any updates?! HAH! I would have posted this up last night, but GBATemp was dead in the wee hours last night, and mediafire was also messed up for uploads. (They seem to have a problem with their verification system hanging up)

Anyway, in that amount of time I made v5 and also v6. v6 is posted on the auto-update site and if you check, you should find version 7.406 available. v5 was meant to be a quick release to get the auto-resizing ability out there as well as allow you to adjust the resolution used from your config.txt if you like. The rest of the features below are added in v6 only.

Addition #1) Auto resizing of downloaded cover art.
The ability to specify a custom URL for download is now GONE! This has been replaced with the auto-sizing address from theotherzone.com. You can specify what resolution you like with the parameters, so that you can share the images downloaded with another application like GUI loader by setting the resolution to something like 130x224: (wimages is for widescreen, images is for standard)
Code:
images_dl_res = 160,225
wimages_dl_res = 130,225

Addition #2) Created a setting to have the auto-update screen hidden in the game settings menu.
When setting the below value in your config.txt is set to "1" the auto-update function will be moved from the main games list into the game settings menu. This is useful if you're using the simple mode or parental controls to keep the auto-update system hidden from the main menu, and accessible from the game settings menu ONLY. The auto-update function is exactly the same, but you will see the prompts for it in the game settings screen only:
Code:
updateinsettings = 0

Addition #3) You can now globally toggle your download settings from within the loader.
If you goto the auto-update screen you will see a new option by pressing "2", this will toggle the setting of the "download = 1" setting in your config.txt. Note that this does NOT change the setting in the config.txt, but will allow you to turn it on or off from within the loader. If the network has already been started it will notify you of that and NOT disable the networking. The purpose of this is to keep it from trying to initialize the network connection on a needed basis. Lots of people have trouble with the loader code dumping if no network is present, or starting a Wifi enabled game after downloading from inside the loader. There's nothing to add to your config.txt, this function will just toggle it on and off from inside the loader for that session ONLY.

As always, you can download this update through the auto-update system or you can use the link below to get the entire package including a loaded up titles.txt, meta.xml and icon.png for the homebrew channel:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a6af63a...8eada0a1ae8665a

Please let me know how this works out for you!!!

thank you ,i will keep use loader that you posted.

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alrighty, been working on it a bit and I'll have a new release out soon that will include the ability to play your choice of MP3 file while you're in the loader. That's fairly easy to add and will for sure be in the next release.

The other options I'm looking into is:

Having either the folder it's in auto-detected or set via the config.txt file so you can use the auto-update system regardless of what folder it's in.

The ability to load a different cIOS file for a game.

Have a different MP3 play for each game chosen on the menu (Might be alot more work then it's worth, but I'll explore it)

Thank you again for all the kind words from everyone! Honestly if there wasn't any of these, I probably wouldn't still be working on it.

I know there are lots of other loaders out there, and some that are probably even better, but since there are people that still use this one and prefer the simple interface I am more then happy to do what I can to make those users happier.
smile.gif

Please continue to post ideas here, I'll do what I can with them!

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could do that for the titles.txt easily enough. Question though, would you like to have it auto located in the same folder with the loader itself or in another directory so it could share it with another loader?

I would probably make it an optional line in the config.txt, so that if it's not present it would look in the folder the application resides in, otherwise it would take the value from the config.txt so you could point towards a folder used by another loader.

Would that work for you?

penetr8or

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd think the best thing would be if all the different USBLoaders would load titles.txt from the root of your sd card.
But I might just be stupid, and not understand how things actually work
smile.gif

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, might make the root of your SD card kinda messy.. I think it'd be great if everyone used something like "SD:/usbloader_res" for usbloader resources. Inside of that folder you could have a /covers, /wcovers, /config, etc..

Kind of hard to get everyone to change now though, for no reason other then aesthetics.

penetr8or

Trophies
XP
Country
True, that..
Personally I already have all covers in SD:/usbloader/covers and SD:/usbloader/wcovers...

Ofcourse, it doesn't take much to copy a 10kb+ txt files into a few different folders.. If you really need more than one loader installed
wink.gif

Another option could be to have a small app on the root of your sd card (windows/unix app) where you add the title, and it then updates all titles.txt files.. Locations of which you give it in settings.
I'm working on some small thing where this could be implemented, I'll make my own thread once I have something to show on that front, instead of hijacking yours
smile.gif

Now that we're speaking of titles.txt.. I got the complete file from another thread with all titles so far.. Does anyone have this file with parental info in it?
I can't seem to find a list of all those games with that info, so can't really add it myself
frown.gif

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
HaTaX said:
I would probably make it an optional line in the config.txt, so that if it's not present it would look in the folder the application resides in, otherwise it would take the value from the config.txt so you could point towards a folder used by another loader.

Would that work for you?
This sounds perfect!

kavid

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
HaTaX said:
Alrighty, been working on it a bit and I'll have a new release out soon that will include the ability to play your choice of MP3 file while you're in the loader. That's fairly easy to add and will for sure be in the next release.

The other options I'm looking into is:

Having either the folder it's in auto-detected or set via the config.txt file so you can use the auto-update system regardless of what folder it's in.

The ability to load a different cIOS file for a game.

Have a different MP3 play for each game chosen on the menu (Might be alot more work then it's worth, but I'll explore it)

Thank you again for all the kind words from everyone! Honestly if there wasn't any of these, I probably wouldn't still be working on it.

I know there are lots of other loaders out there, and some that are probably even better, but since there are people that still use this one and prefer the simple interface I am more then happy to do what I can to make those users happier.
smile.gif

Please continue to post ideas here, I'll do what I can with them!

hell HaTaX

http://www.nextrl.it/forum/index.php?showtopic=38323

- ban harddisk sleeping function.

-anybody can select "install update parition" or "not install update parition".

-Musica di background.

stonetempler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
0.3 from Brisma doesnt work for me it doesnt see my Harddrive thats one reason why i use UltimateLoader
wink.gif

( No Harddrive retry- Usb Retry )
He´s says no WBFS but its there ..... and with the Ultimate loader all stuff works fine without any Problems..

Ultimate Loader is for me still the best and thx Hatax for the work

Æther

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you so much!
Definitively the best loader out there

Now if only someone could add some support to all those sleepy HDD's
That would be great..

stonetempler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Hatax What i realy miss here is a complete package with all Folders and help files.

like:

-> sd root
- apps - images - ....
and more subfolder

in the Folder a help.txt like put images here or Ocarina Cheats here like rgba01.txt with cheats inside.
I get lost in all threads here and i miss a Package with all this for noobs
wink.gif

Exxtreme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys!

I Need help...

I can't get the coverart to download in the 7.4 loader, what can be wrong?

I have the wimages and images folders in the root of my sdcard, and the path to the config is SD:/apps/usbloader/config.txt
the code in the config.txt is:

# *****USB Loader Ultimate V7.4 Configuration Settings*****
#
# All lines starting with # are comments
# Any lines not starting with # are used for your loaders settings
# Default values are in [ ]
#
#
# images_path = [SD:/images/]
# Path must be SD:/dirname/ (with a trailing slash at the end)
# Path to put 4:3 box arts and 4:3 background
images_path=SD:/images/
#
# wimages_path = [SD:/wimages/]
# Path must be SD:/dirname/ (with a trailing slash at the end)
# Path to put widescreen box arts and widescreen background
# This path is used when widescreen mode is on
wimages_path=SD:/wimages/
#
# Full Screen Background = image_name.png
# The name of your background image, in PNG format, located in your images_path (see above option)
# If not specified, a default template will be used.
background = bg.png
#
# Widescreen Background = image_name.png
# The name of your widescreen background image, in PNG format, located in your wimages_path (see above option)
# If not specified, a default template will be used.
wbackground = wbg.png
#
# Game Covers = 0 [1]
# 0 => No cover / boxart displayed
# 1 => Cover / boxart displayed, 160x225 PNG format in images path (see option above)
covers = 1
#
# Download = [0] 1
# 0 => Missing covers are not downloaded
# 1 => Missing covers are downloaded when prompt arrow is in front of a game with no cover / boxart
# (Network is only set up once for every session, until you run the loader again)
# ***NOTE: No action can be performed while images are downloading***
download = 1
#
# Background Layout = original, small, medium, large, large2, ultimate1, [ultimate2] [ultimatew]
# original => 6 lines of games per page
# small => 9 lines of games per page (same background as original)
# medium => 17 lines of games / page
# large => 21 lines of games / page (nixx)
# large2 => 21 lines of games / page (usptactical)
# ultimate1 => 12 lines of games / page (WiiShizza)
# ultimate2 => 12 lines of games / page( jservs7 / hungyip84)
# ultimate_w => 12 lines of games / page widescreen mode
# (ultimatew is the default when user set widescreen = 1)
layout = ultimatew
#
# Protection Mode = [0] 1 2
# 0 => Normal mode : All controls working
# 1 => Child mode : All controls except the ability to install and remove game
# 2 => Teen mode : All controls except the ability to remove game
simple = 0
#
# HOME Button = [reboot] exit
# reboot => Pressing HOME button in the loader will reboot the Wii
# exit => Pressing HOME button in the loader will send you back to the HomeBrew Channel
# (Not Recommened if HBC is not installed, the whereabouts are unknown if HBC is not installed)
home = reboot
#
# console_coords=x,y,width,height
# Coordinates for where titles are displayed (Default value is set as default layout(ultimate1))
#
console_coords = 40,71,340,290
#
# covers_coords=x,y
# Coordinates for where your covers / boxart are displayed (Default value is set as default layout(ultimate1))
#
covers_coords = 446,109
#
# wconsole_coords=x,y,width,height
# Coordinates for where titles are displayed in widescreen mode (Default value is set as default layout(ultimatew))
#
wconsole_coords = 40,71,340,290
#
# wcovers_coords=x,y
# Coordinates for where your widescreen covers / boxart are displayed (Default value is set as default layout(ultimatew))
#
wcovers_coords = 482,110
#
# console_color=x,y
# x = foreground (text)
# y = background
# Change color of console where titles are displayed (First number is text color, second number is background color)
#
# Color Code - View colors at: http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/720/colorchart.png
#
# 0 = Black
# 1 = Dark Red
# 2 = Dark Green
# 3 = Dark Yellow
# 4 = Dark Blue
# 5 = Dark Purple
# 6 = Light Blue
# 7 = Gray
# 8 = Light Gray
# 9 = Red
# 10 = Green
# 11 = Yellow
# 12 = Blue
# 13 = Purple
# 14 = Teal
# 15 = White
#
# Example: 4,15 (Blue font on White background)
#
console_color = 0,15
#
# entry_lines = [12] (The number of entry lines you want to display per page, default = 12)
#
entry_lines = 12
#
# max_characters = [37] (The number of letters / characters you want to display per line, default = 37)
#
max_characters = 37
#
# savesettings = [0] 1
# 0 => Settings for each game are not auto-saved to the SD card during game boot
# 1 => Settings for each game are auto-saved to the SD card during game boot
savesettings = 0
#
# video = [game] system patch
# game => Use the games default video mode
# system => Use the system default video mode
# patch => Force video mode (Play NTSC on PAL, visa versa, in color)
video = game
#
# ocarina = [0] 1
# 0 => Ocarina cheat system not enabled by default
# 1 => Ocarina cheat system enabled by default
ocarina = 0
#
# language = [console] japanese english german french spanish italian dutch s.chinese t.chinese korean
# language => The language to use in-game, instead of game default. Language needs to be present on ISO.
language = console
#
# parentalcontrol = [0] 1 2 3
# 0 => Turn off parental control
# 1 => Only allow games with 0 to show up (in titles.txt)
# 2 => Only allow games with 0 or 1 to show up (in titles.txt)
# 3 => Only allow games with 0 or 1 or 2 to show up (in titles.txt)
# Example 1: In titles.txt, RMCE = Mario Kart, you would add = 1 (RMCE = Mario Kart = 1)
# If set to 1, this game would not be shown, the game would only be shown on 2 or 3, or with parental controls off
# Example 2: In titles.txt, RZZE = Madworld (No number is needed) (Mature Rating)
# If set to 1, 2, or 3, the game would not be shown, the game would only be shown with parental controls turned off
parentalcontrol = 0
#
# downloadinstall = [0] 1
# 0 => Download cover art automatically when you install game
# 1 => Don't download cover art when you install game
downloadinstall = 0
#
# hidesettingmenu = [0] 1
# 0 => Allow access to the settings menu by pressing B
# 1 => Hide the settings menu
hidesettingmenu = 0
#
# widescreen = 0 1 (This is auto-detect by default)
# 0 => No widescreen
# 1 => Widescreen
# WARNING: If you turn on the widescreen, the loader will resize the image from your SD card.
# Toggling between widescreen and full screen would cause loss in image quality.
widescreen = 1
#

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte