werewolferx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.adamra.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks HaTaX, this is for me the best of USB loaders, works smoothly, not much expirience needed to config, fast, realiable, etc.

A great program, lets keep it that way. I know the GUI loader looks fine on some point, but has tons of errors.

Keep up the good work.

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narolez said:
HATAX, no need to spent any time on it. The CFG-Loader have all the features you would implement.

As aforementioned, it's a BUGFIXED Ultimate Loader with more features and future support! If you want new featrues, make a feature request here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147638

Haven't had any experience with the CFG-Loader yet, but what I've done for this loader mainly is added in a version checking auto-update system so that releases are updated, users can just update inside the application.

Personally it's fine feature wise for me, small, simple and does it's job well. But I was keeping up with additions for the other users of the Ultimate loader, so that it could be tweaked and such as they like.

Do you have the source available for the CFG-Loader at all? I'll take a look around in some of the links...

alejandroues

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Narolez said:
HATAX, no need to spent any time on it. The CFG-Loader have all the features you would implement.

As aforementioned, it's a BUGFIXED Ultimate Loader with more features and future support! If you want new featrues, make a feature request here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147638

i dont know why but USB Loader Ultimate v7.4 is the only loader with ocarina that works with the game harvest moon tree of tranquility (U) (R84EE9) (using ocarina codes)

even Configurable USB Loader v21 fails to work with the message of "insert nunchuk or classic controller" after the put wrist strap image

Narolez, thanks for reporting this where belongs

ps sorry for my bad english

werewolferx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.adamra.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Narolez said:

As aforementioned, it's a BUGFIXED Ultimate Loader with more features and future support! If you want new featrues, make a feature request here:

Narolez: CFG Loader is far from being as bugfixed as Ultimate, I have used all versions of USB loader from the beggining to now and the most stable is Ultimate, the GUI is the best looking, CFG uses nice configurations and settings, BUT, the main problem with all is support with more games, as now the one with more games support is Ultimate version. Probably the way they integrate the new menu, or not having to mess around with the original Waninkoko code as much as the others, I don't know.

Let's keep all USB loaders running and growing, in some time we'll see the real progress of all (Remember that all versions are really in early stages yet).

Keep the scene growing.

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am glad to see that some of you are still using this loader =)

Please let me know about the bugs that the loader have and i will try to spend a day to fix it

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
I think I've found a bug (a little glitch) !
I deleted a game with Wbfs intelligent Gui.

On ultimate loader, the game list was messed with 3 empty lines on top.
I found that I had set video options for this Game.
After deleting the setting.cfg file, the list was fine again (no empty lines).

HATAX : the only thing missing is auto download 3D Covers. Could you add this ?

I've tried all the loaders. This one is the really best (simple, easy config, all features and the fastest loading).

[EDIT]Also, when I launch USB Ultimate Loader without USB disk plugged, my screen turns red. Why ? (PAL wii with RVB cable (PAL 60).

[EDIT2]I know USB Loader config already do this, but could you please add MP3 support on future release (e.g. loop music.mp3 on the root of the SD) ?

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hungyip84 said:

Please let me know about the bugs that the loader have and i will try to spend a day to fix it

Got a break from the GUI Loader Hungryip?! Looks like that is quite a project with many people working on it. I've been testing the progress on that loader and it looks pretty good so far! I've been attempting to keep up with bug fixes, but one that seems to be a real bitch is that once the net_init() is called, loading a game that uses wifi will render the wifi connection dead. Seen a resolution for this at all? I've added in a warning screen if the net_init() is called but that's about it at this point.

Also, would you like to integrate my auto update changes onto the front page? It is now a true version checking update system instead of just blindly downloading the boot.dol file. It also checks to make sure the files are there before downloading.

Patryc said:
Is the version on the front page the very latest version?

There are other versions that have been tweaked by users like myself and Anarchia, among lots of others. If you look back throughout the thread you'll find download links here and there, but we really need a page that has all of them posted with links to the posts themselves. I've been keeping up with additions and changes to the code I've added. I'm going to be adding more features and bugfixes to it soon here.

QUOTE(hackotedelaplaque @ Apr 27 2009, 03:26 PM)
I think I've found a bug (a little glitch) !
I deleted a game with Wbfs intelligent Gui.

On ultimate loader, the game list was messed with 3 empty lines on top.
I found that I had set video options for this Game.
After deleting the setting.cfg file, the list was fine again (no empty lines).

HATAX : the only thing missing is auto download 3D Covers. Could you add this ?

I've tried all the loaders. This one is the really best (simple, easy config, all features and the fastest loading).

You actually could do 3D covers now, you'd need to point the images_dl_url in the config.txt to point to your webserver with the 3d covers. An example would be files stored at:"http://www,yourserver.com/wiicovers/NTSC/(6digitgameid).png" And inside the config.txt would be "images_dl_url = http://www.yourserver.com/wiicovers". Just remember that the files on the webserver need to be under the correct region folder, and named with the 6 digit game id.

Maybe I will add in a second that lets you set 3d covers in use, can someone supply me with a URL or server that is currently hosting good 3D files? I'd need a default to set in the application and I'm not using 3d covers now, so would need to know where you guys are getting your files.

werewolferx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.adamra.com
XP
Country
Mexico
hungyip84 said:

Nice to see you again HungyIP, at the time only the standard web access problem is still the problem, as it crashes games needing the connection and it is keep open by USB loader.

QUOTE(RavRob @ Apr 27 2009, 08:10 PM) Where can I get a forwarder channel that work for this?

Tx

As posted before, the best WAD forwarder is the HDD forwarder Channel, you'll find it searching this forum. It is the most compatible forwarder and pretty fast too.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Quick question as it would take sometime to wade through the 4000+ posts in this thread.
V7.1 based on USBLoader 1.1 - I can use cIOS rev9 for that - no need for rev10?

erolz

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hi,

is there a Spindown Fix build in this loader?
My Western Digital My Passport Essential 320GB USB external hard drive seems to be automatically spinning itself down after a period of inactivity, and causing the
USB loader to become unresponsive.

some background info:
All WD external hard drives will spin down (enter into power saver mode) after 10 minutes of drive inactivity. Once the drive is accessed again, the drive will exit from the power saver mode and spin back up.
To fix this problem you must read/write a piece of data to the drive every 9 minutes or so.

werewolferx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.adamra.com
XP
Country
Mexico
ocdetective said:
Quick question as it would take sometime to wade through the 4000+ posts in this thread.
V7.1 based on USBLoader 1.1 - I can use cIOS rev9 for that - no need for rev10?

Since version 7 you need cIOS rev10 to work, it is needed to load the covers in any of the loaders as it enables SD/USB access.

PS. For all loaders you better use HDD Channel forwarder, as a full WAD is not convenient at the time.

PS2: For the spindown problem you better try HDParm 6.9 for Windows, search in the web and learn about it.

See'ya all.

Let's keep the scene growing.

wiiztec

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
werewolferx said:
Narolez said:

As aforementioned, it's a BUGFIXED Ultimate Loader with more features and future support! If you want new featrues, make a feature request here:

Narolez: CFG Loader is far from being as bugfixed as Ultimate, I have used all versions of USB loader from the beggining to now and the most stable is Ultimate, the GUI is the best looking, CFG uses nice configurations and settings, BUT, the main problem with all is support with more games, as now the one with more games support is Ultimate version. Probably the way they integrate the new menu, or not having to mess around with the original Waninkoko code as much as the others, I don't know.

Let's keep all USB loaders running and growing, in some time we'll see the real progress of all (Remember that all versions are really in early stages yet).

Keep the scene growing.

What a bunch of BS the ultimate loader does not have the best game compadibility the compatiblity for all the USB loaders is for all practical purposes identical the fact is the configurable loader has far more configurable options and is thus techinically superior. the reason why so many people think the ultimate loader is the best is because it's up it's own ass in popularity

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Watching the fallout series it is pretty decent