Hacking USB Loader - HDD Compatibility

The_Hulkster

Trophies
XP
Country
MSI Starbox SATA 320GB doesn't work on either 1.0 or 1.1. Only connected by USB, no additional power supply supplied. Has a Fujitsu 2,5" HDD in it.

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wester Digital 500GB USB 2.0 HDD MyBook works great, the only game it wouldn't run was Manhunt 2, other than that, it's been able to run everything I've thrown at it flawless and nearly zero load times. Right now I only have 80GB partition as WBFS, the rest is NTFS. I plan on getting a white MyPassport version solely for my Wii, they only run about 100 bucks for 300GB.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
deadrabbit said:
robiul said:
Guys can you post your findings on here http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB...patibility_List
Thread maker can you put this link on the first page.
Done and done.
wink2.gif
Should we really be adding to that compatibility chart based on whether the USB device works with this loader?
The chart seems pretty specific on how the testing should be done.
Just because a USB device doesn't work with the loader does that mean it won't work on the Wii at all? Or even just for GeexBox and other homebrew?

shtonkalot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finally some proper success!
Found an old 512MB no name USB flash drive and it works flawlessly.
Pity it can't fit much!

Tested with Super Paper Mario copied from ISO via computer and it worked no probs!

shtonkalot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK another working device!
I just remembered that the SD card I use is also a USB device, 2GB SanDisk Ultra® II SD™ Plus
Formatted via Wii USB loader.

Just dumped Wii Sports original from the USB Loader 1.1, dumped ok but does not have a title in the loader.
Trying to dump a pre scrubbed copy of ACWW results in the same, it appears to be copied but no title, I can select between the two games to load but they show as blank lines where I expect to see the title.

**edit**
Neither game loaded or appeared (blank entry or text) in the title list after a reboot of the Wii. Trying another time.
I'm not having much luck.
sleep.gif

**more edit**
And some luck, rebooted and tried again and ACWW backup copied across with title. Then tried Wii Sports original which got stuck at 77%, rebooted and ACWW was still there and then re-ripped the Wii Sports disc and it made it over with title.
Games are running after a reboot too!

Now I just need a new external HDD...

jeremiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Bladexdsl said:
snikerz said:

holy shit it sure fucking does 12 mins to rip a game ripped rune factory works perfect in 1.1 and it loads 2 secs faster than cd!! ripping mp3 now!!

Hey, does it works really good? Is the speed enough to run every game? Is the speed enough to be much faster than the dvd loading? Thanks.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
jeremiz said:
Bladexdsl said:
snikerz said:
Works and pwns.

holy shit it sure fucking does 12 mins to rip a game ripped rune factory works perfect in 1.1 and it loads 2 secs faster than cd!! ripping mp3 now!!

Hey, does it works really good? Is the speed enough to run every game? Is the speed enough to be much faster than the dvd loading? Thanks.

you bet it is speeds are way faster than dvd.

Posts merged

QUOTE(kedest @ Apr 1 2009, 11:28 PM) QUOTE(robiul @ Apr 1 2009, 02:57 PM)
Anybody manage to ge tthe full 1TB working?

Are there known problems then with 1TB drives then? I was just thinking about buying such a drive..

why would you need that much space?!

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have a pain in the arse issue with a 750GB seagate freeagent
if i shutdown the wii or swp between pc i get an ERROR: could not initialize USB subsystem! (ret = -1)
so each time i have to switch it off by the mains power on the wii then switch it on after that its good untill the wii shuts down then i have to hard reboot the drive when i power back up
frown.gif

other than that this drive works ok

possible solution wire the other usb 5v to a relay to switch the drive on and off with the wii?

st0rax

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thre is a little mistake in your compatibility list. WD ELEMENTS 640 GB does not work with USB Loader 1.0 (ERROR! ret = -1 "Could not retrieve games list!") -> (proofed), but WORKS flawlessly with 1.1!

amars464

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I switched to using some old Acom Data 250 gig hard drive and it works great. I haven't had any issues, and games extract fairly quickly (Wii Sports, Play, and Fit all extracted in about 1:00, Brawl extracted in about 15-20 minutes)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr