• Replies 29,352
  • Likes 47

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not use Nintendont instead?
Yeah I'm aware of it, but there's a couple things devo does slightly better, and I have another reason to take a renewed interest in devo at the moment :). I might look into it as this doesn't seem like a terribly difficult thing to fix if I can get some printfs in there or equivalent debugging stuff.

DorDur215

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello!

I'm having an issue.

I want to force a seemingly interlaced game (Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution) to use progressive with USBLoaderGX.

So in the game settings I set the Video Mode to 480pNTSC but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Am I doing anything wrong?

I'm playing on a WiiU (vWii) with Blackbox's latest release of USBLoaderGX.

VR_Nima

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those of you looking for a great, slim flash drive for your Wii for USB Loader GX, I think I found the perfect one!

I recommend the "PNY - 256GB Elite-X Fit USB 3.1 Flash Drive - 200MB/s". I bought mine from Best Buy.

The reasons I think it's perfect:

1. It works flawlessly.

2. It's slim and is easily hidden behind a Wii, and won't accidentally break off if something hits it like larger USB drives might.

3. It's cheap.

4. It's the perfect size for flash storage and will hold at minimum 30 full-sized dual-layer Wii games (but will actually hold WAY more especially if you're using GameCube, I have ~80 Wii + Gamecube games and it's not even full). If you want way more storage than that, you should probably move up to using an external hard drive instead of a USB flash drive.

5. It's USB 3.1 and thus is SUPER fast to add or remove games from using a compatible computer.

I added it with more information on the Wii USB Compatibility Wiki.

If you get it and try it for yourself, please update the Wiki with a confirmation.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those of you looking for a great, slim flash drive for your Wii for USB Loader GX, I think I found the perfect one!

I recommend the "PNY - 256GB Elite-X Fit USB 3.1 Flash Drive - 200MB/s". I bought mine from Best Buy.

1. It works flawlessly.

2. It's slim and is easily hidden behind a Wii, and won't accidentally break off if something hits it like larger USB drives might.

3. It's cheap.

4. It's the perfect size for flash storage and will hold at minimum 30 full-sized dual-layer Wii games (but will actually hold WAY more especially if you're using GameCube, I have ~80 Wii + Gamecube games and it's not even full). If you want way more storage than that, you should probably move up to using an external hard drive instead of a USB flash drive.

5. It's USB 3.1 and thus is SUPER fast to add or remove games from using a compatible computer.

If you get it and try it for yourself, please update the Wiki with a confirmation.
It's nice to see a confirmed modern flash drive working on the Wii. I have some recent SanDisks which don't work, and I tried an external HP 500GB "SSD" (glorified flash drive) which failed to reset correctly as well.

Only thing I will say is do be careful with PNY flash storage, in my personal (and friend's) experience, PNY flash QC isn't the greatest and be prepared for it to spontaneously die/forget data for no reason (seen multiple SD cards and an SSD fail, haven't tried their flash drives).

Reactions: jeannotte

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1. It works flawlessly.

3. It's cheap.

The biggest thing I've seen with flash drives is that when trying to rip games to them in USB Loader GX, things freeze. Does this drive not have this issue?

VR_Nima

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's nice to see a confirmed modern flash drive working on the Wii. I have some recent SanDisks which don't work, and I tried an external HP 500GB "SSD" (glorified flash drive) which failed to reset correctly as well.

Only thing I will say is do be careful with PNY flash storage, in my personal (and friend's) experience, PNY flash QC isn't the greatest and be prepared for it to spontaneously die/forget data for no reason (seen multiple SD cards and an SSD fail, haven't tried their flash drives).
Thanks for the heads up. Luckily, Wii game saves stay on the Wii, and GameCube saves stay on the Memory Card. So worst case, I just have to reload the ROM backups from my NAS.

The biggest thing I've seen with flash drives is that when trying to rip games to them in USB Loader GX, things freeze. Does this drive not have this issue?
Okay, tested it in the time since I posted the last message. That was fast. Works great!

tempImage2jUNkm.jpg
tempImagegeI0P4.jpg
tempImageyvGSAR.jpg

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Trip_Away

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

Flo_o

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, just curious. Would it be possible to change the (gamecube) control stick into the (gamecube) d-pad for controlling the menu in USB Loader GX (or as an optional switchable feature)? Just asking because i always have a SNES or NES controller attached to the wii (with a Raphnet adapter) but always have to attach an extra gamecube controller (or wiimote) to control the menu. Just curious if it would be possible to implement.

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would it be possible to change the (gamecube) control stick into the (gamecube) d-pad for controlling the menu in USB Loader GX (or as an optional switchable feature)? Just asking because i always have a SNES or NES controller attached to the wii (with a Raphnet adapter) but always have to attach an extra gamecube controller (or wiimote) to control the menu.
If I owned the adapter then it might be possible, but since I don't I've got no idea how to detect the adapter to make it work seamlessly. And even if I did own an adapter it'd still require a fair bit of work since there's some code that'd need to be changed and then I'd need to figure out how to emulate a stick on a d-pad so that the Wii cursor can go in every direction and move at the correct speed.

Last edited by blackb0x,
Reactions: ChibiMofo

mayar

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@blackb0x, your mod (last version) has been released almost year ago, so we can assume it is stable. Could you release your mod v7 with tabs like you did with first versions of your mod? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by mayar,

Trip_Away

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I don´t know why, but sometimes i pick a game, the loader softlocks. Why this happens?

gZa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I owned the adapter then it might be possible, but since I don't I've got no idea how to detect the adapter to make it work seamlessly. And even if I did own an adapter it'd still require a fair bit of work since there's some code that'd need to be changed and then I'd need to figure out how to emulate a stick on a d-pad so that the Wii cursor can go in every direction and move at the correct speed.
The adapter is first and foremost just acting like a native GC one would.

If you could get an option for a native GC dpad to move the Wii cursor instead of the GC stick then this would undoubtedly work.

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@blackb0x, your mod (last version) has been released almost year ago, so we can assume it is stable. Could you release your mod v7 with tabs like you did with first versions of your mod? Thanks in advance.
After I've release a new update I'll look into the tabbed version.

I don´t know why, but sometimes i pick a game, the loader softlocks. Why this happens?
I've seen a similar issue before now, but I haven't been able to replicate it with my dev build. So this issue might be fixed when I release the next update.

The adapter is first and foremost just acting like a native GC one would.

If you could get an option for a native GC dpad to move the Wii cursor instead of the GC stick then this would undoubtedly work.
I wouldn't want to add it as a setting because I want all controllers to behave as you'd expect them to when switching between them. But even if I did add support via a setting it'd still require a lot of changes for something that not even 1% of the user base will use.

Last edited by blackb0x,

Bogart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was running into a problem where Gamecube games were not showing up. I think I need to enable that. It does work in Nintendont.

RichKing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if it was possible to add a Wii U widescreen feature to Wii games. I couldn't get the Aspect Ratio toggle to work but turning the Wii U widescreen off fixed it, so I thought it would be nice to have a Wii U widescreen option similar to Gamecube games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s