• Replies 29,369
  • Likes 48

Draguna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi , I wanted to leave here a theme suggestion for usbloadergx , I hope possoam at least consider it. Success

Metroid%2B-%2BC%25C3%25B3pia.jpg

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thanks for the suggestion, but it's too hard to browse.
Users have 3000 games, do they have to press up/down 2583 times before playing the game they want?
and it needs a new background repository website, because nobody has a background database for all existing games.

that's fine for loadiine GUI suggestion because (currently) loadiine can only have few games on SD card (less than 10), so it's easy to change game. It's also in its early development stage, so starting a database can still be done, and users still care, unlike on Wii.
but loadiine could one day have USB access and more than 10 games, (could be hundreds, or more) so it will not be usable anymore.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't say it's too hard to browse. Just take a look at Hyperspin (an emulator front end for computers). Some of those people's set ups have every single game for every single system and have their themes set up similar to what Draguna suggested above.

I would like to suggest to make browsing easier in USB Loader GX is to have the ability to jump to a game by first letter. Example is I am playing Animal Crossing and now I want to play Super Mario Galaxy. I have to hold down left or right on my controller for a while before I get to the game I want to play. Where as if I could jump to the letter S and then would just have to browse from the first S lettered game to Super Mario Galaxy. I know the search feature kinda does that but for someone with many games it takes a very long time to where it is actually faster to manually browse then to search.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I understand what you want, a quick jump instead of search.
I don't know if I can do it. not because it's not doable, but because I don't work on it a lot. I didn't even posted 1260 while it's ready.

I also thought about his design idea and the carousel already work like that, you need to scroll through all of them to reach the one you want.

Draguna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I thank you for considering this idea , as to what you said navigation agree with Clutz450 , and could also add the loader resource wait 2 or 3 seconds to load the background wallpaper and start playing the music along with banner animation . As for the game wallpapers , we can put together a staff here forum and make this work, because suppose that one person can get 100 wallpapers in one hour, then 10 we could finish it in 2 or 3 days quickly, thus releasing a patch to put the wii which can weigh 2 or 3 gigas (because images are large in size) . As for loadiine , I think too early to put such complex themes in it still , his development will be time consuming and very refined yet. We sure beats working this idea even pro wii , and put this picture only as a beta , we can discuss and come to an idea that is easy to do and to navigate .

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I actually wrote the quick jump function for cfg but in the end I switch to ULGX partly because the search function is much more powerful.
Quick jump only jumps to the games that begin with the single chosen alphabet and only work in alphabetic title sort mode. If you have many games that say begin with "S", it will still be a long way to go to "SU". Of course you can jump to "T" and browse backward but with search, you just enter "SU".

Only enhancements I would like is maybe make the search function less intrusive on screen (smaller and more transparent to the background) and if we exit the search, the filter is removed and the "pointer" stays at the last searched game (then it is virtually the same as quick jump). But compared to other things on your to-do list, this is only very minor.

Don't ask me how I made the quick jump function in cfg, I only copy pieces of codes inside cfg here and there and done by trial and error. I don't have knowledge in the gx lib.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draguna Rather than starting from scratch, you should try and get in with the Hyperspin community. There are already guys working on creating backgrounds for Wii games. Maybe you could piggy back on that. Here are some examples in the spoiler.

Mockup-3.png

Mockup.png

Last edited by Clutz450,

Draguna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Draguna Rather than starting from scratch, you should try and get in with the Hyperspin community. There are already guys working on creating backgrounds for Wii games. Maybe you could piggy back on that. Here are some examples in the spoiler.

Mockup-3.png

Mockup.png

It is not necessary , it is just going in google search , go to images and download wallpaper that think is coolest .

Reactions: Clutz450

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ah you are right, I didn't tought about the sort order. not everyone is using alpha sort (I'm not, I prefer sorting by favorite).
adding that option would work only in one mode, and that's not a good option if it's not global.

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ah you are right, I didn't tought about the sort order. not everyone is using alpha sort (I'm not, I prefer sorting by favorite).
adding that option would work only in one mode, and that's not a good option if it's not global.

I see you have HBC 1.2.0 in your signature field. Where can I obtain this? ;)

Draguna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
personal , based on what you told did this modification.

First of all I wanted to thank you, not for doing this project because I do not know if one day this will be done, I thank you for the attention you have given this simple design. For this forum created other threads trying to mess with people to see if more Siam some emulators for wii as the dreamcast and sega saturn which began to be desvolvidos more stop in the middle of production, and also improve existing ones for Wii as Snes9x that does not have a good sync with the classic controller , and also the mgba which is in beta promises much more . But others simply do not know whether out of laziness or lack of interest, did not give me the attention of minimum and still kind of entederam not what I meant. But anyway thank you even :)

Metroid%2B-%2BC%25C3%25B3pia.jpg

Reactions: Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
One question, why can't I fetch game codes from geckocodes.org? Even with the latest rev I get an error that says that the file does not exists on the server, except that it does, for example OOT has a file, as MM happens to have one too.

Edit, also @Cyan any chances of the multiple partitions option to work? I have USB loader GX to ignore multiple partitions aaaaaand it ain't doing it.

Last edited by Duncan Idaho,

Skanob

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Cyan

It's the annoying me again mate. Bug (or probably user-error) reporting:

1: Sorting
Got me Mega Man X2 (NTSC-U) on EmuNand, sorted alphabetically, re-downloaded titles.txt to most up to date, and confirmed Mega Man X2 is named correctly (without the initial white space). But it seems it wants to be on the top of the list.

Refer to image below:

uQjZQUa.jpg

2: Force Aspect Ratio on WiiWare/VC Channels/Wii Games doesn't work (changing both per-game settings and global settings)
My Default Global Settings:
Vide Mode: Force NTSC 480p
Dol Video Patch: All
Sneek Video Patch: OFF
VIDTV Patch: OFF
Aspect Ratio: System Default

Changed per-game Settings (tested Super Mario 64, Star Fox 64 and Ocarina of Time)

Changed Global and Per-game Settings:
Vide Mode: Force NTSC
Dol Video Patch: OFF
Sneek Video Patch: OFF
VIDTV Patch: OFF
Aspect Ratio: Force 4:3

Games still loads with widescreen ratio instead of being force 4:3.

Said issue works fine on GameCube/Nintendon't (tried Wind Waker) by changing per-game settings.

Feedback/Feature Request:
Have a separate setting for WiiWare/VC Channel to have it's own Aspect Ratio, separate from the current Global Aspect Ratio. Instead of changing them one-by-one.

My guess on how it could work:
USB Loader GX should have a list of all WiiWare/VC Channel that checks and detects that if user loaded one of these games, uses the setting of the separate aspect ratio (and maybe all of other settings that needed to be changed) instead of the current global setting.

If feature is already implemented, feel free to kick me in the behind and please point to right place/setting. :)

Thanks mate!

Edit:

Feedback/Feature Request 2:
Ocarina downloader for ALL Games that has been detected by USB Loader GX in one button. This will be handy since we already have a Global and Per-Game Setting to which user can only choose which to turn on or not. Please?

Last edited by Skanob,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1: it looks like your game still has a space.
probably because the loader kept the names in the titlecache file.

either disable the titlecache option and reboot, then reenable it (not sure if it will not re-use it with the space)
or edit the title manually in the loader to edit the titlecache file
or edit the titlecache manually
or delete the titlecache file (probably the easiest solution)

2: known issue.
I haven't look at it yet.
Other settings doesn't work with channels (like ocarina)

3: why would you like a different aspect ratio than your global one?
Currently, it's displayed is widescreen by default? it probably use the wii settings.
I would understand that VC would be better in 4:3, but WiiWare are designed and developed with widescreen format, no?

4: would be nice, but don't think it's that useful.
I'd prefer users to update the cheat txt for the game they want to play instead of flooding geckocodes with requests (DDOS?) for games that they won't even play.
Some users have less than 100 games and that's fine, others have 3000 games. that's not a good idea to me to add this feature.
It would even download cheats (or don't find any when you use that feature), which will need an update when you play a game because there were new codes posted since you downloaded them all.

You want to have the code ready when you open the ocarina menu, but it's automatically downloading it if missing when you open that menu. I don't see what's wrong here.
ocarina > (download) > see the cheat list.

There is a pack with all txt somewhere on gbatemp if you want all the games at once.
edit : https://gbatemp.net/threads/where-to-download-full-set-of-cheats-for-wii-and-gc.367444/
2014, but it's a start, not a lot of games had updates since then.
I think there's another thread with all cheats.

the Global ocarina option shouldn't be available, I don't understand users who set the global to ON while there's no code selected, or no cheat downloaded, or don't even know which code are available but WANT to cheats without knowing the game.
well, users are free to do what they want, but I just find it absurd to enable cheat for all games without selecting any cheats first.

What I would see as a better option is this:
When you go to ocarina menu and generate a gct, have the loader asks you if you want to enable the ocarina option/use that gct for that game if you don't want to go to the game settings to enable it manually.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
are you using 1259 or 1259mod2 ?

About multiple partition, is it on the same drive or two different usb?
multi partition should work fine for wii games. (not gamecube or emunand which are defined in the user paths menu)

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

About multiple partition, is it on the same drive or two different usb?
multi partition should work fine for wii games. (not gamecube or emunand which are defined in the user paths menu)

One drive split into two partitions connected to port 0 and then 1 USB stick connected into port 1, USBloader GX won't read the stick because it gives priority to the NTFS partition (which I don't use sans for backing up files)

I grabbed the latest version from sourceforge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu