GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
does it happen only with Brawl?
verify the IOS slot too.

Return to menu/reset is symptome to "game not found" or "couldn't mount the game".
So, either the cIOS is wrong and couldn't mount the USB, or your game's ISO is bad.

Daniel Sahr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, this also happens with SMG 1. I don't really know what verify the ISO slot means.
As to when I get this error I simply click and load brawl (I see the disk screen with my play count) and the screen goes black and then takes me to the hombres channel without any sort of error message. SMG 1 does the same thing!

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I'm having problems downloading covers, when trying to download them the progress bar get stuck in 0.0% :( Only when downloading to my HDD...
I recently delete my usbloader_gx folder, so I'm starting my configs from scratch, trying to rescue the most I can :(

Using boot_r1235_v03

Dharengo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a problem: I'm using Nintendont to play Game Cube games, but when I try to load a Game Cube game from USB Loader GX, all it does is load up Nintendont. Not only that, but when I open the settings, none of the settings from GX have been applied. What's up with that?

masterpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
For some weird reason, any Wii games that i have on my NTFS partition aren't showing when using the loader. Although, the NGC games on the FAT32 partition are though. :S

I get the same with CFG Loader as well...

NTFS is first partition, FAT32 is second partition and active.

Waouh! You got DIosMios working with Fat32 partition SECOND??!!! good for you.

About wii games backup on NTFS partition, i never succed to launch them in .ISO format, but using WiiBachup manager to trasfert my iso backup to WBFS file in folder disk:\wbfs\ everything just work flawlessly with USBLOADER GX (cIOS 249 d2x-v10-beta53-alt)

masterpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
I have a problem: I'm using Nintendont to play Game Cube games, but when I try to load a Game Cube game from USB Loader GX, all it does is load up Nintendont. Not only that, but when I open the settings, none of the settings from GX have been applied. What's up with that?

if i am not wrong: usbloaderGx loading Nintendon't and letting you manually launch the gamecube backup is the planned procedure (the cursor in Nintendon't will point the gamecube game choose on usbloaderGX )

about ubsloader gamecube's settings missing in nintendon't i don't have a clue.
I checked mine and my usual nintendon't language setting is set on "AUTO" but all my usbloaderGx language is on "French" and at every gamecube backup launch , find my nintendon't language setting on "french" so it works for me, i guest.

masterpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
I am confused. Yesterday i found that setting USBLoaderGx booting IOS on 58 is great!

For over a year since i hacked my wii, my capricious (watch my signature) HDD used to be not initialised at UsbloaderGX's launch 7 out of 10 times with 249 as booting ios.
i tried all the version from v8 to the last one d2x-v10-beta53-alt (i prefer the -alt one since i dont care about Nand acces and i am looking over great usb 2.0 compatibility for loader's and games).
All this was really boring (waiting for all the countdown-20 second- to discover must of the time that the HDD is not recognised, restart the loader or initialised the hhd through the usbloaderGX's settings )..

Yesterday, when looking for the WiiXplorer Channel installation file, i found on WiiXplorer google.code page an advice to people experiencing problem during copy on usb 2.0 drive :
<< If you get annoyed by those freezes just switch to a cIOS as boot IOS in the wiixplorer settings (e.g. d2x 249). The cIOSs are known to be stable and about 30-40% faster in read/write>>
I have already experienced these problems, so I did as told the advice. But what a surprise, wiixplorer no longer recognised my high drive. It was boot/initialising very well but no more Hdd partitions shown between the SD and the Nand peripherals. After that, i set back the booting ios to 58 and everything came back to normal.

Then it hits me, and i settled ios 58 as my booting ios (249 is still for games and still work great) for usbloaderGx and now the Hdd is always recognised, so flawlessy that the countdown doesn't even show on.

So please someone could tell me what's wrong with my ios. Is this situation normal? and can i keep my settings like this without endangering my hack stability(ios/cios/loaders/wiisystem)?

Dharengo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
if i am not wrong: usbloaderGx loading Nintendon't and letting you manually launch the gamecube backup is the planned procedure (the cursor in Nintendon't will point the gamecube game choose on usbloaderGX )

about ubsloader gamecube's settings missing in nintendon't i don't have a clue.
I checked mine and my usual nintendon't language setting is set on "AUTO" but all my usbloaderGx language is on "French" and at every gamecube backup launch , find my nintendon't language setting on "french" so it works for me, i guest.

Well, when I try to launch my game from GX, even when I have memory card set to emulated, it will just attempt to read the real memory card. Not to mention that autoboot is supposed to be turned on, and it doesn't autoboot. I have to specifically go into the settings menu on Nintendont to change these settings again.

Reactions: masterpad

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am confused. Yesterday i found that setting USBLoaderGx booting IOS on 58 is great!

For over a year since i hacked my wii, my capricious (watch my signature) HDD used to be not initialised at UsbloaderGX's launch 7 out of 10 times with 249 as booting ios.
i tried all the version from v8 to the last one d2x-v10-beta53-alt (i prefer the -alt one since i dont care about Nand acces and i am looking over great usb 2.0 compatibility for loader's and games).
All this was really boring (waiting for all the countdown-20 second- to discover must of the time that the HDD is not recognised, restart the loader or initialised the hhd through the usbloaderGX's settings )..

Yesterday, when looking for the WiiXplorer Channel installation file, i found on WiiXplorer google.code page an advice to people experiencing problem during copy on usb 2.0 drive :
<< If you get annoyed by those freezes just switch to a cIOS as boot IOS in the wiixplorer settings (e.g. d2x 249). The cIOSs are known to be stable and about 30-40% faster in read/write>>
I have already experienced these problems, so I did as told the advice. But what a surprise, wiixplorer no longer recognised my high drive. It was boot/initialising very well but no more Hdd partitions shown between the SD and the Nand peripherals. After that, i set back the booting ios to 58 and everything came back to normal.

Then it hits me, and i settled ios 58 as my booting ios (249 is still for games and still work great) for usbloaderGx and now the Hdd is always recognised, so flawlessy that the countdown doesn't even show on.

So please someone could tell me what's wrong with my ios. Is this situation normal? and can i keep my settings like this without endangering my hack stability(ios/cios/loaders/wiisystem)?

I use 202 v5.1for WiiXplorer it makes the FTP server run without error's :) and usb is faster with it then 249 almost comparable to the speed of 58 with nand access

masterpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
Well, when I try to launch my game from GX, even when I have memory card set to emulated, it will just attempt to read the real memory card. Not to mention that autoboot is supposed to be turned on, and it doesn't autoboot. I have to specifically go into the settings menu on Nintendont to change these settings again.

You should check the last line in NIntendon't setting menu, it is something about only real gamecube options enabler. when you set it on , memory card emulation or any other controller compatibility than the original GC one are disabled.

masterpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
I use 202 v5.1for WiiXplorer it makes the FTP server run without error's :) and usb is faster with it then 249 almost comparable to the speed of 58 with nand access

Thank you, for the moment i a not yet interest in using the FTP server , i just want to use the explorer basics otions(copy, cut, paste, text editor, audio playing and image display) flawlessly .

However your winnetrtag looks awesome and i have never suceed in activating one for me. The site looks shutdown...

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You should check the last line in NIntendon't setting menu, it is something about only real gamecube options enabler. when you set it on , memory card emulation or any other controller compatibility than the original GC one are disabled.

I believe the option you are talking about is native mode it turns off BT/HID controllers, emulated memory cards only gamecube hardware is supported in this mode

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you, for the moment i a not yet interest in using the FTP server , i just want to use the explorer basics otions(copy, cut, paste, text editor, audio playing and image display) flawlessly .

However your winnetrtag looks awesome and i have never suceed in activating one for me. The site looks shutdown...

Thank you I like my WiinnerTag too :) http://www.wiinnertag.com/user/register here's new user page registration page, the site is still up and running the forums aren't active anymore that's about it.
you don't need to use the ftp feature I was just stating that the FTP feature works flawlessly with cIOS 202 v5.1. 202 is faster then 249 with wiixplorer but a tad slower then 58 but gives nand access

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am sorry if this is a dumb question lol but, How do I get the Wii U Pro controller to be detected in USB Loader GX?
You need r1235 (but I disabled it in internal updated, as it was reported to be instable and lot has of bugs).

If you use r1235 and you registered it (red-button on console+pad while on system menu), then it will work in the loader.

I'm still waiting more reports on the test build I released to know what's wrong (as I don't have any bugs on 1235).
I don't know if users are interested in reporting, beta testing and helping :/
If you want a functional and working loader, I would need help from you too.

I know I don't work fast, but when I wait from other users it creates even more delays.

Dharengo:
Thre are two settings : global and individual.
Maybe some settings are conflicting, be sure to check your individual game settings.

Nintendont "Config File" setting is set to don't change? Delete? Create?
Like I reported on latest changelog on 1235, this setting is untested, maybe it's not working.
please try all 3 options and let me know if there's an issue with it.

if you use autoboot, it should autoboot the game and not stop on device selection screen.
The settings should be registered correctly in nintendont too.
verify that your path to nintendont is correct (you can set different paths in individual game settings)

or Nintendont broke the compatibility with loaders *again*

Dharengo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dharengo:
Maybe some settings are conflicting, be sure to check your individual game settings.
The emulated memory card is working as intended. The problem isn't whether or not it's working, the problem is that the setting does not carry over from GX to Nintendont

Like I reported on latest changelog on 1235, this setting is untested, maybe it's not working.
I'm not even sure what this setting is. I don't fool around with settings I don't need.

if you use autoboot, it should autoboot the game and not stop on device selection screen.

I know that is what should be happening, but something else happens.
verify that your path to nintendont is correct (you can set different paths in individual game settings)
I'm fairly sure the path is correct. I mean, if it wasn't, it wouldn't load up Nintendont at all would it?

Lets hope not.

MarcusArthuriel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You need r1235 (but I disabled it in internal updated, as it was reported to be instable and lot has of bugs).

If you use r1235 and you registered it (red-button on console+pad while on system menu), then it will work in the loader.

I'm still waiting more reports on the test build I released to know what's wrong (as I don't have any bugs on 1235).
I don't know if users are interested in reporting, beta testing and helping :/
If you want a functional and working loader, I would need help from you too.

I know I don't work fast, but when I wait from other users it creates even more delays.

Dharengo:

Cyan I still have the r1235 version. I synced the Wii U Pro as controller 1 and then a Wiimote as controller 2 from the Wii U menu and then went in to Vwii mode. But when I load USB Loader it refuses to recognize the Wii U Pro controller. Only recognizes the Wiimote as a second controller still :/.
Will it be possible to use the Wii U Pro controller for playing Wii games off a hard disc using the loader in the future?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
try to synch the WiiU Pro in vWii
it will flash and shutdown quickly. It means it registered but can't synchronize. (system menu tries to access a memory address not present in the pad)
now launch the loader and press any button, it should synch and stay connected.

Both wiimote and WiiU Pro controller will be synch as Controller 1 (you can use either Wiimote/Classic/GameCube/WiiUPro/PS3 controller all at once as same Controller number)

WiiUPro require a library to be supported.
You need to recompile the homebrew to use it, which means you would need to recompile the Wii games too if you want to support it in games. this is not possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, did you get drunk?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No I don't drink much when i goto bar, cause I driving, or if/when I do, ill take a uber/cab home. But I'm working on it now tho I'm home, beer n whiskey shots today.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He's afraid he might wake up next to ancientboi the next day
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What a "Scared Straight" moment that would be.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A friend give me a $35 cigar, and pssf, just as good as a $5 one. But of course gonna have to tell him it was awesome.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    What makes a good Cuban rum soaked cigar is a nice cosmopolitan to go with it.
    +1
    Used to do that every time I went to Miami on business
    There was this little bar I would stop in have that combo and watch the beach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've never met a girl named cosmopolitan, but cool. And where do you insert the cigar? Mr clinton
    Slightly more than 35 dollars lol but I was making thousands on a job.
    Cosmopolitan is just vodka and cranberry juice lol
    I'm a martini glass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My dental assistant is Cuban I'm gonna have to him for cigars and sandwiches now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea wish I could get Cubans cheap, they are ridiculous priced up here. But they are hard workers.
    I think I was paying like 75 back in the early 90s
    Rolled on the thighs of virgins if the stories are to be believed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think we belive any of your stories
    That's honestly for the best lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd read his autobiography.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "If I may have done it."
    I'm deliberately vague about some of the details sure it's been 30 years but some crimes don't have limitations
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psis sex life is Dubai
    FB-IMG-1717887564361.jpg
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or I picture its like quagmire from family guy, gigity.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or I picture its like quagmire from family guy, gigity.